Hillary may unite Republicans

Flashermac

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She would win "hands down" if Obama was her VP candidate. (In fact, I'm gonna say here that there is a very, very good chance that could happen.)

HH

I've thought this and said this a while back among some friends. The ticket of Hillary AND Obama would be the smartest thing the Dems could do (although I much preferred Edwards to both). Getr the woman vote, get the black and Latino vote, get the liberal white and Jewish vote. The problem is, I think Obama can't stand her and would refuse to be her VP. I think the Dem party will or even has already approach/ed him about this. Obama, join the ticket and we promise you in 4 to 8 years we'll back you all the way 100%. Give Hillary her turn first, then you will be next and very electable as well. I think it will come to that, if they are smart and if Obama will go for it. It is being spoken about openly now in the party. The big problem I see is the dopey fucks are mud-slinging along the trail for the party endorsment. That is totally stupid. But nobody ever said politics and politicians were smart or ethical. It's no longer about the party and the people, hasn't been for ages, it's about them, the personalities involved, the power. They are so desperate for the power they will do anything, no matter that it hurts their own party and people winning the election, to gain that power.

Now Edwards is out, I'll vote for Obama. He is the least tainted of them all, and even though I wish he'd show more numbers on how he would accomplish his promises, I know Hillary is in the pocket of many corporations already. I have gone online and read many of Obama's speeches and interviews. He actually has said quite a lot that makes sense and has propsed the numbers for his ideas as well. They need to publicize this stuff more in the media. He may not have the goverment experience, but hell, you can hire and appoint that to help you lead intelligently.

But they should be seriously negotiating with Obama, and giving it, the promise, to him in writing if necessary. He is next. She goes first. The problem is, I can see Bill doing something so fucking stupid and outrageous once they are back in the white house that everyone is totally disgusted and Hillary loses after 4 to another Repub. Obama gets screwed. :) Just like Al Gore, who should have won easily without the tainted BS Clinton hung around his neck.

JMHO and thoughts.

Cent

Also, I feel that McCain couldn't win against Obama. He is not perceived as a true Republican and can not stir the repubs to the polls in the required numbers I feel. But if Hillary gets the nomination, SHE will stir the Republicans to the polls to vote against her getting in. With Obama on the ticket HE would help her win against McCain, even if the Repubs come out in force to vote. The Dem base is stirred up and excited. They will vote in droves this election. It is a smart move to join forces, but it remains to be seen, as Obama's people and he feel right now he can win it all without going for the deal.

OH, totally agree on the new blood post. This country NEEDS it. When people say 'experience' all I can think of is 'bought and paid for by the special interets'. Its almost impossible not to be in congress for more than one term without being paid off by the special interests. There are exceptions but its rare.

Obama or any 'outsider' sends a message. It gives others who are independent of thought and action the motivation to run for office and it also tells some of those with experience that are bought and paid for that they can cut the purse strings to the big money and do it the right way.

All this 'experience' claptrap is not as important as others thing. You can learn how the game works but most of the big decisions are those that require only common sense, law and integtrity. None of us on this forum have any experience in the government and I've heard many sensible things about what to do on an array of global issues.

Archived