prices of cars in Bangkok

samak

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BMW 7 Series Saloon

PRICE: £51' date='850 - £85,445[/b']

That's about US$ 100K to 165K depending on spec.

I just checked the price for a 750i here in the USA. The invoice is $70510 and MSRP of $76575.

That's feckin riduculous, why do we pay so much more for our cars in UK than you do in the USA?

How much is a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet in the US?

MSRP is 96,660 USD

Invoice is 81931 USD

Want two?

HH

One reason German makes in particular can be cheaper in the US/Canada compared to Europe is because for some unknown reason, the manufacturers dumb down their cars for the US market.

BMW has a history of doing things like removing speed sensitive power steering assist, removing full floating brake rotors for the old fashioned type, no full featured steptronic transmissions, no comfort close windows, no dual glazed windows, no double vanos, no rear fog lights, smaller amounts of leather used, and so forth. Many of those types of things just can not be had in the US at any price and at the end of the day that kind of car is not a real BMW anymore in my opinion. In Europe on the other hand many such features are standard on the cheapest model. I believe Thailand gets the genuine car that is not dumbed down like the US/Canada however so comparing prices relative to Europe for German makes would be more appropriate. See, I got this thread back on track.

But still, half a million bucks for a 750 in Thailand, geez...

BMW 7 Series Saloon

PRICE: £51' date='850 - £85,445[/b']

That's about US$ 100K to 165K depending on spec.

I just checked the price for a 750i here in the USA. The invoice is $70510 and MSRP of $76575.

That's feckin riduculous, why do we pay so much more for our cars in UK than you do in the USA?

How much is a Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet in the US?

MSRP is 96,660 USD

Invoice is 81931 USD

Want two?

HH

Well fuck me, in UK it costs around $150,000 and that's without the options, add an auto gearbox, metallic paint, leather seats etc and your up around $170,000.

In Dubai you would pay $106,000. I'm moving to US, how do I get a green card?

Archived