prices of cars in Bangkok

samak

Insane prices! BMW 750 goes for about a half million US!!! That's an $80K car in the US and even cheaper than that in Europe.

Has anyone determined a line which defines which types of vehicles are reasonably priced on one side versus which are totally ridiculous on the other?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A BMW 3 series is a compact no frills car with a baby engine yet costs 6 figures US??? Is there anywhere else in the world cars cost this much?

So what defines luxury? Is it the badge, someone putting their finger in the air, what? Is there a guideline that defines what cars are reasonably priced (if any) and which are not?

looks very reasonable, yes!

for free services and maintenance do you need to go to the company where you bought it or at any company with a Toyota contract?....

Samak, you open your post asking about "such cars as BMW 5series, Audi A6, Toyota Lexus etc" but then you start getting interested in a Toyota Fortuner. Hardly the same ballpark?

Samak, you open your post asking about "such cars as BMW 5series, Audi A6, Toyota Lexus etc" but then you start getting interested in a Toyota Fortuner. Hardly the same ballpark?

first round i need to negotiate with my employer about my car allowance based on prices of those luxury cars (i will not get one but the high prices put me into a better position to negotiate.

then i will buy a reasonable one that is downpaid with my car allowance in the shortest time possible.

the third step you can figure out yourself...

A BMW 3 series is a compact no frills car with a baby engine yet costs 6 figures US??? Is there anywhere else in the world cars cost this much?

Singapore. I just read in the Straits Times this morning a review of a Chrysler Sebring convertible. On the road cost? S$148k! That's US$105k for a $30k car (max, fully loaded) in the US.

Cheers,

SD

Insane prices! BMW 750 goes for about a half million US!!! That's an $80K car in the US and even cheaper than that in Europe.

A BMW 750 will set you back around $120,000 in UK. It maybe slightly cheaper in some parts of Europe but you won't get it for $80,000

Archived