Passenger Had Box Cutter In Hollowed-Out Book

Flashermac

OK. I have always deplored prison violence and people's indifference to it and worse joking about it. It's dead wrong no matter what crime someone is in for.

That said, what we have in the present instance is a seriously screwed up guy committing a serious crime against American society and people posting to this thread making excuses (not necessarily you, Steve, but others for sure), downplaying what he did, and using this incident as the latest excuse to bash America idiotically.

In other words, same ol' same ol'.

Don't start the old "America bashing" bullshit.

There are a lot of Americans on this board and their opinions are treated exactly the same as anyone elses.

If you get shit because of what you say it's because people don't agree with you, not because of where you come from.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was an undergrad at UCSB a female student was found with 3 marijuana cigarettes in her purse - obviously for her own use. She wasn't any pusher. But the arsehole judge in Santa Barbara said he was "going to make an example of her". The 19 or 20 year old gal got sentenced to TWO YEARS in prison! I've forgotten how much time she actually served, but that judge deserved to be kicked in the gonads. When non-violent offenders get long prison sentences instead of probation, no wonder the prisons are overcrowded.

Ah Hugh..

Right. And everyone takes you so seriously, right?

Rogueyam, I think I have you sussed since you posted up that outrageously stupid article from the Weekly Standard on how abstinence programmes are more effective than condoms at preventing AIDS. I'd like to see you boys over here practicing abstinence. If it's good enough for Africans...

And Rogue, he "committed a serious crime against American society"? What was his crime exactly? Carrying a box-cutter in a hollowed out book? The guy has no prior record. The cops should keep an eye on him. Maybe punish him on the "concealed weapon" charge but other than that, are they going to punish him for WHAT HE MIGHT HAVE DONE?

You US (and pro-US) right wingers are pathetic. You come across as the most arrogant, unpleasant, self important dicks on the board.

I've met people from this board, and they were all cool. I hope to meet more. But guys like Hugh Hoy? No thanks.

When I was an undergrad at UCSB a female student was found with 3 marijuana cigarettes in her purse - obviously for her own use. She wasn't any pusher. But the arsehole judge in Santa Barbara said he was "going to make an example of her". The 19 or 20 year old gal got sentenced to TWO YEARS in prison! I've forgotten how much time she actually served, but that judge deserved to be kicked in the gonads. When non-violent offenders get long prison sentences instead of probation, no wonder the prisons are overcrowded.

The minimum sentence for possession of ANY quantity of marijuana in Queensland a couple of years back was three months jail.

"...When searching the backpack, a security officer found a book titled "Fear Itself." The book was hollowed out, and the box cutter was inside.

After Baines was read his rights, he said his cousin had cut away the pages to make the hollow section in the book. Later, reports state, he said he had hollowed it out himself to hide money and marijuana from his roommates.

Baines told officers he was moving to Las Vegas and forgot the cutter was in the book.

Officers found books in the backpack titled "Muhammad in the Bible," "The Prophet's Prayer" and "The Noble Qur'an." He also had a copy of the Quran and the Bible.

Several sheets of paper in the backpack included rap lyrics that referred to police, narcotics, weapons and killing. Baines told officers he is a rapper who writes his own lyrics and that rap music writers need to "play the part," the report states...."

So he is moving, instead of checking his books, which are heavy, or selling them, or shiping them, he has this on book "accidentally" with him? oh, and some other stuff certain to cause suspicion/controversy. He then says some one else hollowed out the book, then admits he did it...he then says he "needs to play a part..." I find a bit of a problem with this. At the very least, he was trying to start some shit, stupid move on his part. Investigate, slap him up a bit, then go from there either way.

Regarding the minimum sentences, they are bull shit, especially for things like weed possession...imagine, they let drunk drivers like Hilton off, so they have room for a weed smoker...hmmm...drunk/dangerous driver Vs. weed smoker...nope, lock up the drunk driver and let the weed be free!

Archived