Passenger Had Box Cutter In Hollowed-Out Book

Flashermac

That said, what we have in the present instance is a seriously screwed up guy committing a serious crime against American society and people posting to this thread making excuses (not necessarily you, Steve, but others for sure), downplaying what he did, and using this incident as the latest excuse to bash America idiotically.

:yeahthat:

But let's be fair. It was only Fido who took the bait. I don't think anybody takes Fido more seriously than they did CT or Helmut (or a fart, for that matter).

The perp could be looney, but potentially dangerous. Richar Reid, IMO, was both. Stupid fuck couldn't even strike a match and light a fuse. 555555555555 Still, it'll be when hell freezes over before he's out on the streets. Could be same same for this nutter.

HH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chocolat_steve did you notice in the news that they are going to start checking people boarding Amtrak trains? The original plan was to have planes, buses, and trains checked. Next we can expect they will be stopping more cars at check points and checking them. If the police catch you with a knife in your pocket in some cities, your ass is grass.

Isn't Freedom and Democracy just wonderful? I wonder what our founding Fathers would think of our progress now?

In LA, the legal requirement for a knife to be deemed a weapon is that its longer than the width of your hand. Mine was well within that. It was a peeling knife.

I have a longer knife in my car, but I keep it in its original packaging which is for a steak knife. I can always claim that I do a lot of cooking if its discovered.

My gun remains hidden in my home.

I am curious to see what happens when we change administrations. I'm not optimistic. No president will want to be accused of slacking with regards to the nations safety by rescinding things such as the Patriot's Act or their ability to go through our emails and phone calls.

I have to seriously question this ass wipes motive here? was it really an accident? or is that his excuse as he was caught?

Big difference between them finding a knife in his bag, and a knife hidden in a hollowed out book and some other Muslim literature...o.k. not against the law to have any of that, but start putting it all together, and it starts to taker on a different tone?

As for searching people on trains and buses etc...what next? There is more at work here than a desire for national security.

Slight diversion here, I work at the airport, have ramp access to all aircraft, in most areas, yet when I get on an airplane, I am subjected to the same shit as any body else, which seems to make little or no sense to me, as I could easily pull some shit using my other access. But no, they still waste my time, as well as their's and the waste of resources as well...

We knew who the hijackers were without the Patriot's Act. The higher ups didn't pursue it. It was not proven we needed it to fight terrorism. Terrorism was used as an excuse.

Privacy, as defined in the constitution no longer exists in America. We're all fine with it till we suffer from it.

Archived