Good/Cheap Hospital for Hernia Operation?

cavanami

That was my feeling from the "other" list prices I've seen for Bangkok. Try Phayathai 2, most of the private ones are of a similar standard I think, end of the day, it's a reasonably important operation, so you should feel "comfortable" with the hospital, regardless of price, but price is important too for comfart!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there must be cheapo places to have surgery in Bangkok. I just don't know if I want to use them. Saying that though, I had my gallbladder out up in Surin at the private hospital I use (and where my doctors practice) and 'all in' this cost me around 25,000 baht... for doctor, operation, room, foods, nursing charges and all meds and aneathesia as well. So I think it should be able to be done, in Bangkok it should not be a problem really, and inexpensive in a safe place with good doctors and staff.

And the prices quoted for Bangkok Hospital do seem high for a hernia op.

Cent (living in America ... for a few weeks, amongst the Bostonian Yankee red necks)

I took my GF to SUKHUMVIT HOSPITAL a few years ago when she had a case of food poisoning, we live pretty close by.

I felt that she got excellent treatment, the Doctor spoke minimal english but a translator was provided and everything done was explained to me; she was held overnight. The entire bill came to less than B5000.

Later that year, a friends Thai wife had surgery at B-grad, they wanted to hold her for ten days recovery, costing my friend a small fortune. I mentioned SUKHUMVIT HOSP. to him and he went that day and checked it out and was impressed enough that he had her transfered there for the rest of her recovery. I forget how much he said he saved but it was a considerable sum and he felt that she had received care equal to what she was getting at B-GRAD.

Does anyone have any experience with the university hospitals in Bangkok? Personally, I have always been biased in favor of teaching hospitals (instead of submitting myself to doctors who want to make money out of my medical problems). Is is possible to get an appointment at Chulalongkorn University Hospital or Sirirat Hospital? I never heard or read anything about it.

Archived