Good/Cheap Hospital for Hernia Operation?

cavanami

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just was down BKK a week or so ago getting some tests done at Bangkok Hospital. I was extremely impressed. Great English speaking nurses and doctors, inexpensive, when compared to the states and I'd bet less than Bumrungrad or no more at least, wonderful treatment and customer care. The place was very nice (almost like a 5 star hotel really when 'checking in'). I plan to have all my medical issues taken care of there from now on. I was very happy with them.

I'll leave a url.

http://www.bangkokhospital.com/eng/index.aspx

Go to the page and look under 'Find a doctor' where the dropdown lists all their areas of medicine and surgery.

Cent

General considerations for selecting any hospital. :twocents:

1) How many procedures does the surgeon/team do each year?

2) What is the rate of complications?

3) What is the mortality rate?

4) What is the secondary infection rate?

5) Are they versed in procedures that minimize recovery time?

Excellent hospital Cent, I agree. But certainly not cheap.

Cheers,

SD

SD,

Well, the prices I was charged were about 10% of what would be charged for the same things done in the states. All these tests, doctors bills, nursing charges, etc. were definitely 'inexpensive' for most farang budgets I would think. And on a par with the major farang/medical tourist hospitals in Bangkok. I think Bangkok Nursing Hospital also has good prices from what I have seen on their website and heard from many others that have used them. Some swear by Bumrungrad. I went to Bangkok Hospital as it was where my doctor here in Surin suggested, and I had no qualms at all about the treatment or the charges I received. I'd easily recommend it to my loved ones if they needed treatment at a lower cost than the west provides. Good place. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Cent

I about fell down with the estimated cost from the BKK Hospital: 280,000 baht....WTF???

Sukhumvit Hospital was 30,000 Baht.

(no laparoscopic surgery).

Will check with BKK Christian Hospital tomorrow.

So far, all the hospitals wanted to keep you there for three days! The new procedure is to do you in the morning and you walk out at lunchtime, so maybe BKK has a way to go with this type of surgery :dunno:

Archived