Wall Street English Blowjob gals

PhilAnders

The advert reads....

97% success....at what?

Really, could they load the ads with anymore innuendo? ('I'm hot'...i guess Bangkok can be a little warm, occasionally...)

And...

what is Wall street english?? Anyone care to enlighten me on how this differs from 'English'?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awful when a you are introduced to a Thai with good English skills, they open their mouth and a cheap-sounding pseudo-California-valley- girl American accent comes out of it.

Because there are so many "English accents" in England, I have never been able to comprehend this complaint. There is no universal English accent used throughout all of England; nor is there a universal "American accent" used throughout all of the US.

Indeed, the variation in accents within the UK is greater than the difference between what we think of as "BBC English" and "CNN English" (which now seems to be partially Australian English). I have been in conversations where I had to explain to someone in Manchester what someone from Somerset was saying.

Thais, like most of the rest of the world, want to use a form of English that can be understood. CNN and BBC English are generally understood. A Manchester or Bolton accent often is not understandable even to other English speakers (British, American, Australian or whatever).

I find Australian accents curious since they seem to be based more on class and education rather than region. I was told, by an Australian, that older English speaking countries will have more pronounced regional accents than younger English speaking countries. Hence, the greater variation in regional accents on the (older) East Coast of the US than in the (younger) West Coast of the US. And, of course, the UK is older than both.

Now, with this background, what is a proper English accent? The accent I hear from a native of Newcastle or from a native of Norwich?

Archived