US veteran duped in condo scam

elef

CW,

The person shown in that article has a simialar apperance to and the same modus operandum as the character I know about who goes by the same name, but I will not point fingers.

I am only party to secondary and tertiary heresay, some of which from people I have learned to trust over the years but cannot back up their comments with hard facts so I wish to reserve my opinion.

Splinter ass sitting on the fence maybe, but I don't have any issue with the alledged perp or anyone whom happens to bear a similar resemblance to him, I'd like to think that I have survived so long living here by keeping myself to myself and as such will continue doing so.

Wish I could to that but I'd be out of a job!

:)

i c we are getting back to tertiary again :)

Check out my website btw, some stuff there not being published in Thailand.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All very well and good, but I still fail to see how him being a Vietnam vet has any relevance to the story.

if it was GWB's cousin who bought the land and TS' uncle who sold it, the headline would be "Bush's cousin scammed by Thaksin's uncle", even if being a close relative to a famous politician has nothing to do with the transaction!

I know of a Jim in pattaya who had this exact same thing happen to him with the exact same amounts involved.

I think about the same age but didn't know a vet nor his last name as General??? like a general in the army - I wonder if really his last name?

The Jim I know is/was a prof. real estate agent/broker in the real estate capital of the USA. Hint Hint...

He is very well off from his real estate dealings and had previously bought and sold properties in Pattaya with good profits gain....

Even old dogs can be duped...

CB

CW' date='

The person shown in that article has a simialar apperance to and the same modus operandum as the character I know about who goes by the same name, but I will not point fingers.

I am only party to secondary and tertiary heresay, some of which from people I have learned to trust over the years but cannot back up their comments with hard facts so I wish to reserve my opinion.

Splinter ass sitting on the fence maybe, but I don't have any issue with the alledged perp or anyone whom happens to bear a similar resemblance to him, I'd like to think that I have survived so long living here by keeping myself to myself and as such will continue doing so.[/quote']

Mr Grouse Sir, I don't make my living like you do so I can keep my head down since Craig Rhodes has never scammed me even though he has tried, even this little kitten knows where the kitty litter is.

As you are well aware it is dog eat dog amongst farangs over here, even more so than our native country, someone sees an angle and goes for it since the victim has greed / dreams in his veins and he becomes the looser.

I very much doubt the case against Craig Rhodes will go much further, he knows who to pass a litle tea money to, Thai police don't care about a Farang v Farang case, we are all ignorant monkeys in their eyes but even though they don't care they will support the highest bidder, obviously the one with more money and the contacts is in the right.

Shite happens dog eats dog, and a wise dog only goes for a guilable victim, this shit goes on globaly what is news.

Grouse,

I may not always agree with what you report, but I respect you as a journalist doing your job, you will buy the beers when we meet :neener:

More information needed really as registering the land or building value at less than the market price is commonplace.

With the rush to get the last of the Bt3m investment visas a couple of years ago there were some unfortunate souls who fell short because even though they paid over Bt3m the resistered value was recorded as less than Bt3m to save taxes and thus their visas were refused.

For sure a Bt13m difference is very large but maybe he's getting some problems now. Not backing the accused scammers but there may be more to this than meets the eye. I mean, the whole figure does not include the construction costs which presumably make it a multi million dollar venture and not someone's last Bt1m he paid for a condo for his hooker who ran away !

A British man was arrested for allegedly luring a US Vietnam War veteran into investing in a condo, making false claims about its true value, police said....

Whats the significance to the story of him being a US Vietnam War veteran. If he'd been a retired toilet attendant would they have mentioned that?

Generazzo became suspicious after the condo had not been built four months later....

A bit optimistic to expect a condo to be built in four months!

Only an accusation at the moment OH though. Roba a guy of his last few dollars and I'll agree a scam quickly but take someone for millions means you are not dealing with a sucker.

I see your point, I am just saying this has happened and will keep happening as long as people don't use their heads.

CW' date='

Splinter ass sitting on the fence maybe, but I don't have any issue with the alledged perp or anyone whom happens to bear a similar resemblance to him, I'd like to think that I have survived so long living here by keeping myself to myself and as such will continue doing so.[/quote']

Mr Grouse Sir, I don't make my living like you do so I can keep my head down since Craig Rhodes has never scammed me even though he has tried, even this little kitten knows where the kitty litter is.

As you are well aware it is dog eat dog amongst farangs over here, even more so than our native country, someone sees an angle and goes for it since the victim has greed / dreams in his veins and he becomes the looser.

I very much doubt the case against Craig Rhodes will go much further, he knows who to pass a litle tea money to, Thai police don't care about a Farang v Farang case, we are all ignorant monkeys in their eyes but even though they don't care they will support the highest bidder, obviously the one with more money and the contacts is in the right.

Shite happens dog eats dog, and a wise dog only goes for a guilable victim, this shit goes on globaly what is news.

Grouse,

I may not always agree with what you report, but I respect you as a journalist doing your job, you will buy the beers when we meet :neener:

Yep. I thought it was a bit of non story in the Thai context.

PS What have I done that I now have to buy the beers first.

The Maurice Praill case is much more horrific

Archived