65 year old Finn murdered

pe7e

Pally,

Us so called "Old Hands" who live here 24/7/365 have probably made more dumber mistakes than your casual visitor, but hopefully the ones of us who survive learn from our mistakes.

When I post my experiences on this thread, or threads like "Drugged in Hua Hin" it is not to try to come across as a know it all (something I will never be) but to share experiences on my learning curve in the hope that it may prevent another board member becoming a victim.

Shit does happen and a lot of people are of the opinion that "it will never happen to me", trust me if you spend enough time here and you are not on your toes it just might.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never ... [color:red]ever[/color] ... let a BG know where you live. I have to use more than one hand to count the number of expats I know who have had to move just to get away from one.

you can add me to your list, Flash! :neener:

Never ... [color:red]ever[/color] ... let a BG know where you live. I have to use more than one hand to count the number of expats I know who have had to move just to get away from one.

you can add me to your list' date=' Flash! :neener:

In your case 'they' did the moving.. :):neener:

[/quote']

Pattaya City News

28 march 2008

Link

Police Arrest Suspected Murderer of Finnish Man.

On Friday morning Police Colonel Nopadon, the Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, announced the arrest of the female suspected of murdering 65-year-old Finnish national Mr Errki Aaltonen in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The woman, aged 26, was discovered by police in a hotel in North Pattaya. At the stationhouse she told officers she had been dropped at Mr Aaltonenâ??s condo in Jomtien by her 26-year-old Thai boyfriend. She claimed she went upstairs to meet Mr Aaltonen and the pair engaged in sexual activities.

The woman told police she was in the apartment for about an hour and was having a shower when her boyfriend returned to pick her up. He came into the condo and was attempting to steal anything of value when he was confronted by Mr Aaltonen. The woman suggested that she was shocked when her boyfriend produced a knife and began repeatedly stabbing the victim. She then hurriedly took one of the victimâ??s large T-shirts and covered herself before making sure to steal a mobile phone and 3,000 baht and then fleeing the scene accompanied by her boyfriend.

When arrested the woman was alone. The boyfriend, whose identity is known, is now the subject of a police manhunt.

As you wished TB

Pattaya City News

03-04-2008

Link

Male Suspect arrested in Finnish Murder Case.

We have been closely following the shocking murder case of a Finnish National which appears now to have come to a conclusion with the arrest of the boyfriend of the Thai Woman who was known to have gone to the Condo of the Finnish Man prior to the murder. It appears she had concocted a plan with her Thai Boyfriend, Khun Pakpoon aged 26, who is now in custody. On Thursday Morning, Police Major General Bundit, the Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police attended the scene of the murder as local Police arranged a reconstruction of the events leading up to and including the murder. The General began by confirming that the male suspect was arrested at his home in Lopburi Province and he also confirmed that the suspect had been arrested previously on drug related charges and had spent time in prison. We managed to speak with the suspect who confessed to the murder and confirmed it was a plan organized with his Girlfriend who would see the Finnish victim on a regular basis. The pair simply wanted to steal valuables from the victim but the Finnish Man put up a considerable amount of resistance when confronted by the two, which caused Khun Pakpoon to panic and he proceeded to stab the victim multiple times which led to his demise. Khun Pakpoon is now on remand with his girlfriend who had been arrested last month and the pair will face charges of murder in court soon.

Archived