Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nana Plaza being torn down?

No one has mentioned what is going in it's place?

Another hotel for the romance punters?

Something is wrong in this picture.

And what about the Nana Hotel? Besides the free drink upon arrival, the free buffet breakfast, the only reason I stay there is that Nana Plaza is a short walk out the door.

I'm completely devastated. My life is ruined. My heart is broken.

then theres the contrast, stark one i add, between thais and chinese i noticed at phuket fantasy in the dining hall, polite, charming thais while the chinese tourist barged around like ignorant c**ts at the buffet bar. if i had a flame thrower i'd have gladly used it on them, god awful specimens, even made germans look demure!

You know the old Thai saying: "Two Chinese conversing, sound like two Thais arguing, and two Thais arguing, sound like two Chinese conversing."

There really is no such thing as Asian culture. Instead, there are many Asian cultures. (So much for so-called "Asian values"). European cultures have more in common with each other than Asian cultures. Indeed, the Japanese expats I have met here seem to have more in common with Anglo-American-European ex-pats than local Thai management.

I don't know if NEP will be demolished soon or after 2-3 years, but as I've posted many times before is that according to some friends Chuwit has all the top contracts (and maybe has bought the place) and he will make a shopping mall there. It's just to wait and see if it's correct or not. :evil:

Although I see a sad increase in the number of dumb bovine grazing shoppers on Sukhumvit, I still can't see a shopping mall making more money than the Plaza in that position. It's a pissy little space. How is it going to attract people when there are so many better options? MBK, Siam Paragon, Discovery, Central World Plaza, Emporium, new places going up on Asoke...

Even Thai business people can see that, surely? I don't see shoppers rushing to Times Square, the mall on the corner of Soi 3 or Ploenchit Center!

Archived