Detox or Recovery Hospitals/Centers

Steve

I know 2 H junkies who were clean for years, both relapsed in LOS, and 1 (who some of you know) died in LOS as a result of his drug use. Said that, to say I agree with those who say LOS may be a bad place to try it.

2nd point, as an alcoholic, I can tell you, he will not quit unless/until he wants to, it is that simple. Took me several trys before I was able to quit my shit. Was clean 1 year, relapsed in LOS, now clean almost 3 years, and *almost* relapsed in LOS last trip...see the first point made.

Having been there myself, and having know a few people who needed "intervention," I can say/best advise rather, not to waste your time and efforts if this guy is not interested in quitting. He may well have gone there to die/kill himself ala "Leaving Las Vegas" style.

I think its 'Leaving Las Vegas'. I've been doing more thinking and I've come to the conclusion that even if he cleans himself up, it will be temporary.

He has deep mental and psychological issues that got him on the stuff in the first place and unless that is addressed he'll revert back to it.

I think he needs therapy of some sort and that won't happen.

All you can really do is point the guy in the right direction.....the rest is entirely up to him. Reality is he will end up dead in some time of institution or he will get help. That simple.

Archived