Another Night At The Office

Sarisin

I had to stay late at The Office last night with some of the boys (Long Gone, Chanchao, Cronk, and Jammy Bugger). The Office, of course, would be the rather new bar on a side soi off of Sukhumvit Soi 33.

They had their Grand Opening Party last night and it was big fun. Free food that kept running out, free draft beer which didn't run out, but somehow managed to run on to the floor, and a Magic Wheel with prizes given out to lucky patrons. The events were recorded photographically by Chilli Magazine, so it is likely you will find our mugs in the next issue.

Of course, as often is the case, the ladies seem to be a major drawing card to this place. I spoke with the manager (a good friend of mine from the Patpong gogo bars) and he told me they now have 50 ladies working there. They plan to hire 50 more. Almost all of them have day jobs or are students and are looking to supplement their income. Like many of the Soi 33 bars the ladies do play dress up and most look damn fine.

The barfines are not cheap, decreasing in price as the night wears on (1,200 - 800 baht) and the ladies do get half of that. I think you will find in addition to being quite attractive, the ladies speak decent English and like to party.

Once again, the draft beer when not free will only be 59 baht a glass and they seem to have plenty of specials on purchasing bottles and keeping them there. They will have live music (if you can call a guy crooning "Mambo No. 5" live music) weekends and it does make conversation a bit of an effort. There is a pool table upstairs and ST rooms are on the way. They will have a menu featuring Thai and European dishes.

Not a bad place, and less expensive than most of the artist bars. We all had a great time except for Long Gone who kept dozing off despite the tender ministrations of The Stunner in Blue.

Also, let me mention I finally found my way over to Dollhouse Cowboy last night and it was packed. I was upstairs in the 'VIP' section and they had some of the most gorgeous dancers I have seen. It must have been hotter than I thought there too because they were not wearing much. Always fun to watch the scramble when some of the guys send a handful of 20 baht notes sailing down to the crowd below from upstairs. Dollhouse is quite a place!

Also, Tilac and Midnite were jammed. Hard to find a seat in either place around 11pm. I think the word has gotten out on Soi Cowboy and a select group of gogo bars there. The power of the Internet and this board perhaps.

Finally, I thought there was a decent crowd in Thermae as well when I arrived at about 12:45am. Not packed, but definitely many eager ladies on-hand. The place did start to thin out at 2:00am, but, when I left with my choice at 2:30am the lights had not yet been turned on and they were still serving drinks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the story on the Soi 33 bars? I have picked up on this Board that the ladies 1) have a higher barfine 2) have a higher asking price 3) are better looking than average (opinions will vary) 4) do not like LT unless it is real long time with a sugar daddy 5) some do not like to be barfined and will refuse.

Sounds like the Office may be a little bit different. An artist bar with an artist price but with an agogo bar mentality.

Am I off base here? Nights in BKK are precious, and I do not want to spend one just gawking - need the companionship in my room.

quote:

Originally posted by keith doug:

SARISIN .YOU WERE LUCKY I WENT TO TILIC ..I KNOW YOU LIKE IT THERE BUT IT WAS SO TERRIBLE THE NIGHT I WENT.I AM SORRYBUT.!! is it me why do they employ 18 stone go go dancers ,,is there a demand the girls were aweful no joke !! .May be you know the girl in particular i mean ??

Keith, I've never had a problem with the 'tude of the dancers in Tilac. It remains my favorite bar in SC even after a visit to Dollhouse and all the glowing reviews (rightfully deserved) for Midnite.

I'm not sure which lady you are talking about, but, sure, there are some who shuffle and most likely would rather be someplace else.

However, I always have a good time in this bar. The dancers, waitress and staff are very good and the music is not bad. One other thing I like about Tilac is the place is rather bright, not like some of the gogo bars where you have to ask the ladies to smile so you can find them.

Even the Fat Broad (Long Gone's favorite short time) is a hoot. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:

What's the story on the Soi 33 bars? I have picked up on this Board that the ladies 1) have a higher barfine 2) have a higher asking price 3) are better looking than average (opinions will vary) 4) do not like LT unless it is real long time with a sugar daddy 5) some do not like to be barfined and will refuse.

Sounds like the Office may be a little bit different. An artist bar with an artist price but with an agogo bar mentality.

Am I off base here? Nights in BKK are precious, and I do not want to spend one just gawking - need the companionship in my room.

Raven, I am certainly not an expert on the artist bars. In fact, this was my first trip to one in several years. I just never cared for the high prices for the ladies and drinks - even during the happy hours.

However, this place does seem a bit different. Although, I would like to check it out one more time when there is not a Grand Opening Party going on. It is still more expensive than your run of the mill gogo bar. And, I'm not sure about it having a gogo mentality. The ladies spoke better English than most gogo dancers, and, as I mentioned, they have day jobs. I am sure they would not like to be compared with those ladies gyrating around their poles.

I think when you live here like I do, you often look for alternatives to the NEP-Soi Cowboy-Patpong monotony and Soi 33 certainly is different. However, I can appreciate the sex-pats who are here a limited amount of time and want to get the most bang for their baht.

I've never taken a lady from an artist bar and really never came close. So, I cannot respond to what you seem to have picked up here on the board. Sounds about right from what I know, however, I'd like to hear more from guys who are more experienced in these bars. The crowd I run with here doesn't visit Soi 33 often, but I think we all enjoyed our visit to The Office, so that just might change.

quote:

Originally posted by Sarisin:

Always fun to watch the scramble when some of the guys send a handful of 20 baht notes sailing down to the crowd below from upstairs.

I haven?t seen this yet so I am perhaps not qualified to comment, but I will anyway! I?m all for a good party but is this kind of behavior not looked upon unfavorably by some? I mean I can only picture this as I have yet to see it, but aren?t the girls reduced to scrambling around to grab money off the deck in a demeaning way? Also isn?t there a thing about throwing down images of the King found on the face of these notes?

Great report and all, but this behavior has me wanting to learn more.

Cheers, crazy.gif" border="0

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Palatkik ]

quote:

Originally posted by Palatkik:

I haven’t seen this yet so I am perhaps not qualified to comment, but I will anyway! I’m all for a good party but is this kind of behavior not looked upon unfavorably by some? I mean I can only picture this as I have yet to see it, but aren’t the girls reduced to scrambling around to grab money off the deck in a demeaning way? Also isn’t there a thing about throwing down images of the King found on the face of these notes?

Cheers,
crazy.gif" border="0

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Palatkik ]

Quite

I'm a bit concerned about the practice of stuffing notes down the front of girls bikini bottoms as well. Certainly seems disrespectful to me.

I am against the stuffing of Bhat notes down bikini bottoms for a few reasons: 1) it sets bad precident, as the girls may come to expect it (o.k. I'm cheap) and 2) I have seen a few bad incidents occur because the kings image is on the money and Thais don't like to see it desectrated. I once saw a fight break out when a Guy stepped on a bhat note he dropped, he was informed of the fopa, and made some comment, and that resulted in pushing and punches. So the moral is, respect the King's image, and respect the rules of the turf you play on!

Hi,

"I spoke with the manager (a good friend of mine from the Patpong gogo bars)"

Good. Then next time you speak to him tell him I do not appreciate his sneaky advertisements on this board. If he has an event planned, just mention it.

"Almost all of them have day jobs or are students and are looking to supplement their income."

Sorry, but I am usually rather sceptical when I read such statements. It just does not seem viable. Start work at the office at 8:30, which means getting up latest at 7am. Finish work at 17:30, go directly to the bar. Leave the bar at 2:30, get home at 3:30, in bed by 4am. Sleep for 3 hours and repeat.

I'm sorry, but nobody can handle a schedule like that.

Sanuk!

Archived