Burgers

hooper

Don't order a Veggie Burger at the Down Under - last time they gave me only half a bun!

Bloody Aussie's....trying to to serve trendy dishes....lol

...You sure KS didn't knock off half your Bun??? Heard somewhere he's a bit of a food klepto....especially in that place :grinyes: :hubba: :hubba: :grinyes:

Cheers DS

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As any burger connoisseur will tell you, the In-N-Out burger is the benchmark of burger excellence. In-N-Out is a family owned chain on the left coast of the US, and they are purists in the art of burger making. Secrets are:

- Fresh 100% top quality beef chuck, never frozen.

- Hand leafed iceberg lettuce.

- Fresh buns, toasted on the grill in the beef drippings.

- Fresh onions.

- The whole package is assembled to perfection.

There are many variations in terms of quantity of ingredients, but they only use the same simple parts i.e., no gay shit like beet root. I recommend the standard hamburger or cheese burger as these are perfect in their proportions for the perfect blend of flavors.

If you get to California, make the pilgrimage to understand what burger perfection is really all about.

I do love In-n-Out, but the best burgers are fritas (Cuban burgers) from the little carts on the beach in Miami. Here's a recipe from back in the day:

1 lb. lean ground sirloin

1 egg

1/2 tsp. Spanish paprika

1/4 cup milk

1 tsp 1000 Island dressing

1 tsp ketchup

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1/4 tsp black pepper

2 tsp. salt

1 tsp onion powder

Soak bread crumbs in milk and then mix all ingredients well. Shape into small balls, place in refrigerator for about 2 hours to let the meat marinate with other ingredients. Press into patties. Grill or fry to taste. Serves 4.

Cheers,

SD

DS,

While that does sound tasty... once you add the egg to the meat you lost it being a 'burger' but rather made a 'meat loaf' patty. A genuine American style burger is 100% pure beef by the way, not a three holer mixture. :thumbup: :smirk:

Cent

Well said.

I'm partial to Fatburger. Bacon chili-cheese burger with a side of greasy onion rings with salt poured all over 'em (by me) and a chocolate shake. Sets you back about $12 though.

I like In-N-Out too, but I don't like their fries.

I like In-N-Out too, but I don't like their fries.

Yea, I will agree that In-N-Out's fries are not the best. I actually like McD's fries cause they're crispy. In my college days, when we were had an extreme hunger brought on by the evil weed, we would go get burgers at In-N-Out then drive to McD's for the fries. Of course, the burgers were gone by the time we reach McD's :)

'i'm partial to fatburger'

we have a mobile burger van close to where i work and the top burger is called a monsterburger.

1 Pound of beef.

4 fried eggs.

4 rashers of bacon.

2 sliced sausages.

sliced fried tomatoes.

fried onion.

lettuce.

all for 5 English Pounds.

not something i would attempt on my own.........

i bought 1 once for work and 6 of us sat there with knives and forks and finally polished it off.

no way could you pick it up in your hands and eat it..... :thumbdown:

Archived