US Nuclear Charges Fake - Syria

Julian2

What is cooking on the back burners in the USA for its citizens may take many by surprise. The Patriot Act was just the beginning. Homeland Security has been building detention centers on military bases. We are told they are for holding illegals. Why on military bases? And if the borders become secured, we are told the illegal problem will be no more. So why build the detention centers? Homeland Security has been working to cross deputized various police agencies. Why? So the local police have unlimited power like the border patrol has?

There is a god chance something big is going to happen this fall. Homeland Security will respond. Patriot Act II will be revealed.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you specify? Are you referring to the war in the Balkans where we were there as part of a NATO mission? Are you saying Congress did not approve our involvement?

I am referring to the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia (code-named Operation Allied Force) that lasted from March 24 to June 10, 1999.

Neither Congress nor the U.N.S.C. authorized this bombing.

I don't know if you were around at the time but the massive bombing raids on Hanoi were supposedly designed to bring the Vietcong to the bargaining table. They decided to kick US butt in Saigon instead.

No but we study it. And yes' date=' that is a good example how not to fight a war.

[/quote']

How would you fight the Vietnam War, knowing what we know now?

I would not. I would have left them to themselves. (Damn Kennedy's!!)

So the US is finally admitting all that Domino Principal stuff was bullshit?

You would have to ask the US and not just one citizen.

You've got to be a bit more ambitious Mr C, rogueyam is more than happy to speak on behalf of the entire nation. :)

(I hope you haven't noticed Torneyboy considers he speaks for all Australians). :(

Glad you know it was JFK who decided to go "rescue" South Vietnam, after Eisenhower had decided it was hopeless. Ike felt all of former French Indo-China was going to go red and meant to hold the line at Thailand and Malaysia. But JFK knew better!

:banghead:

As to the Domino Theory, how many even know what it really meant? The DT said that when one country went to the communists, its neighbours would be threatened. Didn't say they had to collapse like a house of cards - or a row of dominoes.

So what did happen? Hanoi's entire armed forces - sixth largest military in the world at the time - overran the South in 1975. (Presumably kicking US butt in Saigon ... 2 years AFTER the Americans had withdrawn from the war.) SVN fell ... what next? The Pathet Lao with tremendous NVN support seized power in Laos. Next the Khmer Rouge seized power in Cambodia. Sort of looks like the domino theory in action to me.

:hmmm:

p.s. NVN Gen. Vo Nguyen Giap - the planner of Dien Bien Phu and CIC of Hanoi's armed forces - was asked in a Time or Newsweek interview if Hanoi had ever considered giving up the war because of the heavy US airstrikes. Giap answered YES, but added that the anti-war movement in the US gave them the courage to go on. Really pisses off the former protestors when you show them that interview. I had one shouting at me ... "WHO THE HELL IS GENERAL GIAP! WTF DOES HE KNOW?" The guy looked about ready to throw a punch at me, but thought better of it.

:)

Archived