Air fare doubles?

cavanami

Air Asia is a no frill airline; so this does not surprise!

but a normal airline? very stupid indeed? do they take credit cards?

this is actually BACK TO STONEAGE, when you had to bring the correct small cash amount for paying airport taxes!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Was looking at the cost of airfare on the United Air website.

From BKK <> ORD (Chicago), booking well in advance (over one month) the price is from 50% higher to double that which I paid last month (April).

The United online previously has been about 1,000 baht higher then what I pay using a local BKK travel agent, soooo...WTF :dunno:

Asiana which is a Star Alliance carrier has the best fares from ORD ($1000) that I've seen recently, with very limited availability starting in Aug and available throughout March of next year. I was able to find that fare for my dates in Feb but I haven't committed due to the long layover (12 hrs) in Seoul.

I'll probably just use miles if things don't get better.

How much longer until they put the passenger on the scale?

The last time I flew Aer Arann, they did but it was strictly for weight and balance purposes.

If the airlines are really serious about this, the only sensible thing to do is charge for total weight (pax + luggage). It won't be popular, but it's fair. I remember when the airlines discouraged carry-on baggage, now it seems they are trying to promote it.

Yep...June-September are the high season months for air travel between the U.S. and Asia. High season is also about the second week of December through the 2nd week of January. "School is out" and students and families are travelling.

HH

Increases in airfares and surcharges aren't the only way the airlines are sticking it to the traveller. Some have already increased the number of frequent flyer miles to get a "free" ticket or an up-grade. I'm pissed at EVA right now, having had them up the number of miles for an upgrade from 30,000 to 35,000 miles. (Naturally, I've only got 30,500 "in the bank" :banghead: )

HH

Increases in airfares and surcharges aren't the only way the airlines are sticking it to the traveller. Some have already increased the number of frequent flyer miles to get a "free" ticket or an up-grade. I'm pissed at EVA right now, having had them up the number of miles for an upgrade from 30,000 to 35,000 miles. (Naturally, I've only got 30,500 "in the bank" :banghead: )

HH

I've run into the same thing with EVA; I love to fly with them, but their frequent flyer program drives me nuts sometimes.

Archived