Air fare doubles?

cavanami

Was looking at the cost of airfare on the United Air website.

From BKK <> ORD (Chicago), booking well in advance (over one month) the price is from 50% higher to double that which I paid last month (April).

The United online previously has been about 1,000 baht higher then what I pay using a local BKK travel agent, soooo...WTF :dunno:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't expect it to go down. Carry a palstic bag in case you have to piss or take a shit. Carry several extra rolls of toilet paper. Make sure you have a nose clip. Do not, under any circumstance, bring luggage and heavens forbid if you should ask for a glass of water.

If asked a question, always look at the floor when answering. Never look at the person asking the question.

With Gobble and Drogon now flying around the globe I'd be charging double :) so any people have just cancelled coming to Thailand ;):cover:

Plus you have Old Hippie flying around as well - they need to make up the losses somehow or start charging more for the extra weight, errrr, of the pistachios he's got in his carry on :cover:

And now, American Airlines are charging $15 for one check-in bag! Unbelievable.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=50259758.blog

Regards,

SD

Meanwhile, foreign airline execs are reading this and frantically calling their subordinates in the USA asking:

How did they do this and why didn't you tell us about it before we had to read about it in the media?

It sounds like a stupid idea but, do you think the other airlines will follow? Keep us posted of every new development before it happens.

Even though it sounds like a stupid idea, do you think we can do it too? Do you we should do it? :hmmm:

I think all these new charges for basic services are ridiculous too.

And I feel sorry for all the international travelers who travel from, say, Bangers to Dallas with a stop in LA who are exempt from this rule and will have to pay checked baggage charges in LA, even though their international ticket provides for two pieces of free baggage, just because the dummies at the check-in counter can't read an airline ticket.

Archived