Why even bother marrying your girlfriend, seriously!

panadolsandwich

A Lottery boils down to a voluntary tax for the poor. Marriage boils down to a voluntary way to let the church sanction sex. The church wants to control when you can have sex, with whom, and tell you what types of sex are ok and which types are not. Everyone else is left wanking, but wait the church says no, you can't do that. Nice little scam. Governments need to abolish laws on the books that show bias towards marriage, it isn't fair to others. But church goers get irate at the thought of others having freedoms they deny from themselves.

If you love someone and wish to live with them forever, that is all well and good. Just leave the church/government out of it if you can so you can call the shots yourself.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depending where you live and what type of work you are doing, could make for good reasons to marry, such as:

1. getting the company medical insurance for you wife, either for free or at a reduced rate.

2. I used to have a company car, which only a "wife" was allowed to drive (not a girlfriend).

3. tax incentives to be married?

4. status in the community of being married vs a "immoral" relationship?

...etc.

...So when are you making the announcement????

I'll need to check my diary to make sure that I can be in town....

Oh shit....who to bring!!!!!...

What shade of gown do you want "us" bridesmaids to wear???

Too many things to sort out....my head's spinning....lol

:grinyes::grinyes::dunno::_party::dunno::grinyes::grinyes:

:wave::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::wave:

DS & OH, of course you'd have to wear the off-the-shoulder peach taffeta ball gowns with tiaras...

J2, it'll likely never happen, but that shouldn't stop us from having a trial run or two at a stag night...

Cheers,

SD

Depending where you live and what type of work you are doing, could make for good reasons to marry, such as:

1. getting the company medical insurance for you wife, either for free or at a reduced rate.

2. I used to have a company car, which only a "wife" was allowed to drive (not a girlfriend).

3. tax incentives to be married?

4. status in the community of being married vs a "immoral" relationship?

...etc.

I don't suppose I said that I'm not interested in working in Thailand; I plan to get her to emigrate ASAP, and I'll handle any 'immorality' from my end here in Australia.

Archived