TILAC: Soi Cowboy

dddave

If, like me you've been walking past TILAC in Soi Cowboy the last few years without bothering to go in, a change in policy is in order.

The place has been nicely remodeled and at least for now, to my eye one of the best line-ups on stage. The stage is sectional so many good seats with clear sightlines.

Nice short skirts sans knickers make for some tantalizing views as the girls shake it up with more than the usual Soi Cowboy enthusiasm.

Good sound system, mostly dance music. The ventilation seems pretty good since the smoking ban seems to be mere history.

Good happy hour 'till 9, drinks B60; B140 after.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya know, it looked OK. But the wait staff annoyed me. I came in with 15 guys, most of all who know the owner, who gave us all warm greetings and bought a round.

I decided to go outside with a couple of friends who smoked so we could continue our discussion. We left our bin cups with the other 12 guys. The waitress comes rushing out two minutes later shoving the bins in our face. Sorry honey, if friends of the owner cannot simply go outside for a smoke, leaving the bins in the hands of their friends, then I can't be arsed to do business there either. We paid up and went elsewhere, leaving about half the gang at Tilac (others joined us).

Just annoying. I really hate being annoyed when I am out for fun.

No I did not mention it to Sam, also not worth the bother since this is a personal preference to me. The waitress didn't *really* do anything wrong, so I did not want to get her into trouble.

Cheers,

SD -- fussy bastard

Jeez, Suadam - it was obviously just one girl, not knowing, frightened for her job. Can't you just teach her or tell the owner to do it and let her make a joke of it next time to save face?

I managed to turn around a previously annoying dek serve this way. (The mindless gestures of waving hands at the stage, as if you couldn't pick a girl otherwise, etc, tend to grate on me after a while).

Rather than having a hissy fit that leaves the girl bewildered about what she's done and makes it likely she'll do the same with the next guy, on and on, can't you educate her a little? :dunno: Word might even spread. Farangs don't like this, don't like that, don't do it if you want a tip, etc...

Tilac - I've been hearing good things and have poked my head in (the big one) but still can't get past the excess clothing on the top half of the body.

Agree. Tilac is decked out nicely like the arab guys bars and I like what they have done with it. BUT it is missing the most important part--showing! Thus, it is not in the same class as other good bars around there. The outside sports bar at Tilac is nice and so is their drink selection but for the inside, pass.

On another note, I think Angel Witch has hit a girl density record on their stage--it was just crammed with girls last time I looked. They were about falling off there were so many and you just couldn't get a look at ones on the other side. Would have loved to have a picture of that! And showing shouldn't disappoint anyone either. Now if Rainbow bars fall in line it could make Nana very attractive all of a sudden.

I quite like the Arab bars, especially the one that's next to Tilac (Deja Vu?). At least they tend to show (usually nude) and have a few cute girls in each.

I prefer that (paying a little extra for a beer and having some sexy nude girls) to cheaper drinks or more 'polite' service.

I wish Rainbow would fall into line too but I don't see that happening. I think a couple of big shot cunts in NEP have decided that they don't need showing. :banghead:

They obviously CAN show if they really want but just choose not to. :cussing:

I think it's a mistake. They'd make more money.

I never thought it was.

Any bar in a place that can show if it really wanted to but doesn't is a waste of space imo. Black & White, Cowboy 2, etc.

If either of the above 2 dead bars showed, they might actually have some customers!

If the Rainbow/Crown attitude that "we don't need to show, we still have customers" prevails, it could expand and become standard. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I can't be encouraging that.

I asked why no "showing" answer was they don't need to as they get enough punters in for what they do and they'd have to pay more if they did show. Can't argue with that.

Actually, you can. :)

If they showed, they'd have to pay more but they'd have more customers (me and Neo for a start!) and revenue too so they'd probably have more profit.

They are showing a bit though. Doesn't "no knickers" count as showing in police fees? :dunno:

They seem to have a good crowd most nights. I don't know the prices that have to be paid to staff and "others" if you show - so I can't really comment other than they believe they'll actually be making less $ if they show

I like showing bars myself - only go there to place dice

Jeez, Suadam - it was obviously just one girl, not knowing, frightened for her job. Can't you just teach her or tell the owner to do it and let her make a joke of it next time to save face? ...

Fuck that. There's plenty of places that I can go to without drama. Capitalism in action; as it is.

Cheers,

SD

Archived