TILAC: Soi Cowboy

dddave

I like tilac. like the coyotes. the lights a bit too bright and nervous, but jeez, must be getting old.

as for showing, yeah they could be showing titties too. most of them.

lotsa girls who dance naked in other bars would be better off in a t-shirt and baggy pants.

inTOXICated

btw. talking about angelwitch, absolutely adore the vanessa mae show.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeahthat:

It's just too damned bright in Tilac.

I like dark, seedy bars. :grin:

Seems like whoever designed the lighting in there was right into the LSD thing.

And why did they spell it "TILAC" originally anyway. No one I know spells it that way when writing in English script.

It's "TEE-LAK" or "TEE-RUK" for example, but not "TILAC". That's ting tong! :doah:

(Spelling it that was makes it sound like "TIE-LAK" when you say it).

>And why did they spell it "TILAC" originally anyway. No one I know spells it that way when writing in English script.<

The arrogance of those who believe the whole world revolves around english speakers.

"English script" is not only used by "english" speaking people, but also by French speaking, Italian speaking, Dutch speaking, German speaking, Spanish speaking...........................

Maybe it is Dutch script, Roman Script, ..........

One of my past favourites (long since married off to a Swiss) used to use that word with a certain intonation, that would indicate I was skating close to the edge, puttin the emphasis on the second syllable and using iti n rising tone. It would indicate I shouldn't pursue the matter further in public.

But she very clearly would say "TiLAC"

Besides, apart from Surin born Khmen speakers, most Isan gals can't say the "R" anyway. in fact, the Lao government has abolished the R from their alphabet.

Still won't convince me to go into that bar. I like to see flesh!

Yes I agree the staff and girls do seem pushy about drinks and kind of run to another customer before even finish the drink. After while I stop buying drinks. Other evening I bought drinks at least for 4 ladies but few minutes after they would all disappear.

It does look busy but nothign really happening there. BG's there and Coyote's not patiant to sit and carry some conversation.

Archived