If the Thais dont want us, where to ?

gobbledonk

Seems as though every man and his dog can speak a decent amount of Thai now. It's all too comfortable. So comfortable that many foreign women are living in Bangkok. Can you imagine that 10-15 years ago? Farang women wanting to live in Bangkok?! Bangkok's become a tame feminised city.

Aye mak mak! It also pisses me off. My lovely Thonglor 'hood was all Thai less than five years ago. Now...I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a (under 30) farang! Pricks..go home!

Ya, I still have the seniority and the connections, but still...it sucks.

Cheers,

SD -- seeing his "third world shithole" home get way too mainstream and expensive and longs for another (but too old/lazy to find one)... FUCKERS! I WORKED LONG/HARD TO MAKE THIS MY HOME AND Y'ALL JUST SHOW UP AND RIDE MY COATTAILS! :nono: :nono: :nono:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to a British friend of mine who owns one of the biggest tour operators here in Thailand Myanmar holds the future. It has everything, culture, beaches, mix of different peoples, snowy mountains, jungles and a desert. He even bought land there in the 90's already; he says it will become the prime destination once they can solve all of their troubles.

yes, exactly what i think since my first visit in Myanmar early 1996, without a regime, the tourists will move to Myanmar and say bye bye to Thailand for shure.

(The problem has began already with tourists moving more and more to Viet Nam).

Then we will see how immediately Thailand will change their harsh visa regulations, but then it's too late

:tophat:

Actually' date=' if you go to Vietnam and come back, you'll start noticing how many fat Thai women there are around these days. Fast food hasn't hit Vietnam yet. They are slimmer (yet have bigger breasts :thumbup: :) ). [/quote']

full agree, and looking nicer :thumbup:

, without a regime, the tourists will move to Myanmar and say bye bye to Thailand for shure.

(The problem has began already with tourists moving more and more to Viet Nam).

Then we will see how immediately Thailand will change their harsh visa regulations, but then it's too late

:tophat:

mentors ,

Burma has probably 20 hotels which are usable for tourism , no infrastructure , no planes , no roads , no food supply , no staff , absolutely zero . Along the Indian Ocean maybe 5 reasonable hotels . Of course people will go there once they find it in the catalogs but they won't stop visiting Thailand , why should they ? The average tourist like myself does not know about visa problems because he does not need one , in comparison to Siam most other SEA countries bore you to death after 10 days .

BuBi

I love Wiengchan and once thought of working there. Then I realised I'd go stir crazy in a few months. It would really be bad nowadays, if the Thai immigration folks allow only 3 entry visas within six months. You mean I could only cross the river to Nong Khai once every two months???

:shocked:

I think the Thais got it right in this respect. Their visa laws are more than adequate for the vast majority of tourists/retirees/workers. The ones with problems are mostly undesirables, i.e. sex-tourists and illegal workers wanting to stay here long time on a limited budget. Even though they think they matter to Thai economy, in reality they dont.

Paillote

I think the Thais got it right in this respect. Their visa laws are more than adequate for the vast majority of tourists/retirees/workers. The ones with problems are mostly undesirables, i.e. sex-tourists and illegal workers wanting to stay here long time on a limited budget. Even though they think they matter to Thai economy, in reality they dont.

:yeahthat:

Sorry, folks. I do agree with that 100%!!!

Cheers,

SD -- never had an issue with visas in LoS

Archived