If the Thais dont want us, where to ?

gobbledonk

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Donâ??t know what point you want to prove here. This topic has been discussed before and hasnâ??t been subject of this thread.

BBL providing loans via Singapore and Hong Kong is nothing new and I never questioned it. Although to worse conditions than locals get here in Thailand. So far nobody could come up with reliable information that foreigners can get a housing loan from local banks under the same conditions than Thais. This is a clear discrimination.

If you go to the Krung THai webpage you will find another infor that WP and Passport are required. I am at Kasikorn Bank and they asked for both too. No probelm for me as I have both.

The rule isn't applied by all banks and even different branches react differently which does not make it any better though.

Just how is BBL not a local bank? Who cares if the money comes from HKG or SIN or Mars? You still process the paperwork and make payments at your local BBL branch. Much ado about nothing.

As far as "the same terms as a local," I'd say an expat is a higher risk (far easier for them to walk away from it, for example) and the loan is priced accordingly. Market dynamics.

But I sense that you and Gaddie, if not the same poster, are certainly alike in that you love to bitch about stupid and meaningless shit. I mean, heaven forbid that a bank wants to see your ID (i.e., passport) before doing anything for you! How conspiratorial!

Cheers,

SD -- has accounts at K-Bank, BBL & SCB and has never been asked for a WP

Of course "gadfly" and "hardy" are the same poster.....That's been obvious for years. He likes to support his statements with "outside confirmations" (other names). In fact, Gadfly had a third "name" until last year, when people starting catching on to that one (that name was the one who kept harping on about how dangerous bangk. and patt. are). He just dropped that identity and disappeared....you know what name that was, right?

Flash, I have also had accounts with SCB and Kasikorn (Thai Farmers Bank when I opened it) for a number of years and have never been asked for a WP. That was untill I once tried to send my brother some money in the UK when I was living in Thailand. As I was'nt working in Thailand at the time and did'nt have a work permit, they would'nt do it.

Simie.

I did...twice but it was almost one year ago.

I transferred about 200K bht from my Thai account at kasikorn to my Belgian account, no problems and no questions asked.

I know that there is a certain amount limit when you have to provide a justification, do not remember how much.

Well I do care where the money comes from, if taking a significant credit; otherwise I would be naïve. Have you already forgotten what caused the crash in 1997. So currency of the credit definitely matters. Further the conditions are worse, higher interest and shorter loan duration.

Expats are higher risk. Huh!? So you really believe that banks rather prefer financing the motorbikes and mortgagees for rural folks? Would be interesting to know the percentage of the NPL caused by expats or foreigners. Probably not even 1%. If they could the banks would surely prefer to give mortgages to foreigners but the law forbids it! Thatâ??s why the BBL came up with the ploy via Singapore.

BTW it has been cavanami not I who claimed that BBL insisted on a work permit.

I have gone to the Bangkok Bank and was told and shown a Bangkok Bank letter/memo that instructed the bank's personnel NOT to allow accounts to be opened for farang that did not have work permits.

Funny that the bankâ??s own employees arenâ??t familiar with the rules. I donâ??t blame these poor officials. Many laws are not only discriminating but often changing so fast that nobody knows which revision is currently to be applied. Another major problem is the limited enforcement of existing laws. All three points together seriously hamper Thailandâ??s efforts to attract more FDI.

No need to become personal here. I thought this a message board to inform and it is up to the readers who they believe.

Hardy

who fucks kartoeys up their ass with no condom but never caught anything! :dunno:

Archived