2008/2009 Football Season.

sayjann

what a crap Community/Charity Shield......... :thumbdown:

MU wanted to win but Pompey just defended and didn't want to attack or try and win the Game.

not a good advert for someone watching a Game for the 1st time........ :(

i can't wait to see a work collegue tonight..... :)

in his 50's and never been to a Football Game in his life but is suddenly the biggest Pompey Fan ever and has talked non-stop for Weeks about how he had a ticket for the Game and was looking forward to going to Wembley to see his Team thrash MU and that he was going and i wasn't.

i reminded him that Wembley is a new ground and has no history or tradition.

i reminded him that i had been to the proper Wembley 15 times in the past to see various Games and Teams and have soaked up the the history of the place.

i look forward to reminding him that MU won the 1st and 100th Community/Charity shield and have won it the most times.

i will goad him that MU will play more Games at Wembley in the next 5 Years then Pampey will in the next 50.

i will remind him that he will probably never go to another Pompey Game in his life(even though he lives less than a Mile away)while i will continue going to Manchester(even though it's a round trip of 500 Miles).

he couldn't even be bothered to go to a Game 4 Miles up the road from him and see the Team he has been the biggest Fan of for all his life..... :hmmm:

but i'm quite happy to travel to Manchester to support my Team in all sorts of Games.

Newcastle is next for me................

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't watch the game as I don't have Setanta.

Saw the highlights though and we didn't look too bad going forward.

Finishing is starting to be a problem, I think we need to sign a striker asap.

Neither Rooney nor Tevez can lead the forward line and with Ronaldo out for another 6 weeks I think we're gonna struggle for goals.

We can't rely on the man of glass either as he tripped over an empty mars bar wrapper this morning and may be needing a hip replacement.

Berbatov would be perfect, just hope that Spurs let him go for a reasonable price. :nono:

Btw, watched Italy beat Korea at the olympics last night and what a cracking little player Rossi turned out to be. Shame we let him go too soon.

Thaksin want to sell Man City

If Thaksin doesn't return to Thailand to fight his corruption charges then he's never going to be able to get his hands on most of his money.

According to the news he's worth about US$400 million (excluding his frozen assets) and if that amount includes the value of his investment in City then relatively speaking he'll be feeling the pinch and will probably want to get his City investment back.

Hence a good chance he will sell City.

Didn't watch the game as I don't have Setanta.

Saw the highlights though and we didn't look too bad going forward.

Finishing is starting to be a problem, I think we need to sign a striker asap.

Neither Rooney nor Tevez can lead the forward line and with Ronaldo out for another 6 weeks I think we're gonna struggle for goals.

We can't rely on the man of glass either as he tripped over an empty mars bar wrapper this morning and may be needing a hip replacement.

Berbatov would be perfect, just hope that Spurs let him go for a reasonable price. :nono:

Btw, watched Italy beat Korea at the olympics last night and what a cracking little player Rossi turned out to be. Shame we let him go too soon.

last Week i saw MU play Espanyol and Juventus and like in the Community Shield Tevez and Giggs played upfront.

Giggs has lost that pace to be able to lead the line and both Players drifted to the wings too often.

hardly any chances created and those that were were wasted,wayward shooting and sloppiness.

but no Carrick who can pass the ball well and no Hargreaves in the holding role which meant Scholes played in that position and hardly got forward.

and obviously no Roo,Ron and Anderson which made a big difference.

but Nani looked very lively on the left and looked at home.

but had the chance to see the Brazilian twins,the Da Silva's.

one plays right defence/midfield and the other on the left.

only 18 and one(forget which one)was impressive against Juventus.

caused Juve many problems and while not Players for this Season in the PL i think they will feature in the Cups.

watch out for them in 3-4 Years.

but we do need a striker................

Thaksin is also being investigated by the English Football Authorities.

they don't allow people with criminal records to be involved in Football Teams.

Thaksin is a high profile case at the moment even though he has not been found guilty of any crime.

but his refusal to return to Thailand and face trial will go against him in England.

Chelsea look unbeatable. Its probably a bit naive to say that after one game, but from what I say they...gulp...played with style. They pressed the opposition and I would say this Scolari side looks stronger than any of the Jose or Grant sides. Its early days but from what I saw they'll walk the title.

Man Yoo would be 2nd best right now and I'd put us over 'Pool.

The scum fans talked CL, even Ramos talking and bragging over the summer and it may be another false dawn for the scum. The 5-0 friendly win over Roma had them talking above their station. From what I saw, it looks like Villa, 'citeh', Blackburn and possibly Pompey if they get over the shock will be vying for the Uefa cup spots.

I wouldn't rule out Everton just yet and will this be Newcastle's season. Man U did miss a load of players, still Newcastle put on a good performance. I have my hopes for Villa but I'm pretty sure the whole pack of UEFA contenders will beat each other and make it once again very tight for UEFA spots.

I do have high hopes if we manage to keep things tight at the back and get way more clean sheets than we did last season. First game 2 goals against us, nice one, this time we got away with it since things were going great up front. May not be the case if our forwards have an off day next time. Gotta be more careful.

a good start from Chelsea but the result not a surprise.

Pompey are not as good as they think they are and i still don't think Crouch and Defoe will be the dream ticket the fans think they will be.

i think they will struggle this Season with their involvement in Europe,even though i don't expect them to last long.

deja-vu for MU.

a home draw and then a visit to Pompey,just like last Season.

good possession and a few chances created,but Given we would have stuffed Newcastle again.

Tevez was missed but Rooney looked good after illness.

i think their partnership will flourishthis Season.

Archived