North Pole could be ice-free this summer, scientists say

Bangkoktraveler

It's called scientific research, try it, you might like it.

Global warming: 21st century eugenics

Social progressives who are advancing the global warming theory would do well to consider the similarity of their campaign to the rise and fall of the eugenics campaign.

In the end, the truth will prevail. If it takes a century for the global warming theory to collapse, the bodies of people who were denied electricity â?? and the heat, clean water and refrigeration it can provide â?? will weigh more heavily than the Holocaust upon a society that should have learned from its mistaken belief in eugenics.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to give both sides, here is the Union of Concerned Scientist rebuttal to Michael Crichton's â??State of Fearâ?Â.

My problem with this whole thing is though I believe we should do all we can to reduce pollution, I just donâ??t think we can positively say that human beings are causing some major climate change. That is just plain arrogant. We are less then a nats-ass in the history of the Earth.

Just to give both sides, here is the Union of Concerned Scientist rebuttal to Michael Crichton's â??State of Fearâ?Â.

My problem with this whole thing is though I believe we should do all we can to reduce pollution, I just donâ??t think we can positively say that human beings are causing some major climate change. That is just plain arrogant. We are less then a nats-ass in the history of the Earth.

Anyone who thinks that Crichton is a reputable scientific source should read "Travels".

He goes into his analysis of peoples "auras" in considerable detail along with out of body travel... :rolleyes::crazy:

I certainly donâ??t think that Crichton is a reputable scientific source and he certainly never claims to be. What is interesting is people like I cited above, and apparently yourself as well, never answer the question on how you are different then the entire scientific community was just 70 years ago when eugenics was a scientific â??factâ?Â. You just attack the person questioning you, often with criticism of his credentials, which he never claimed in the first place or try to refute with another set of selective data different then the selective data you say he used.

The only facts are that the climate on Earth has always changed and it will always changes and we have not a clue as to what all the factors are. If we knew all the factors, we could build a computer model of it and predict it extremely accurately. When you have that and can prove mankindâ??s impact, I will believe you. Until then, we should do everything we can do reduce pollution, but we should not deny ourselves electricity and the other benefits of modern life such as the heat, clean water and refrigeration it provides under the guise of some climate change hoax.

Social progressives who are advancing the global warming theory would do well to consider the similarity of their campaign to the rise and fall of the eugenics campaign.

In the end, the truth will prevail. If it takes a century for the global warming theory to collapse, the bodies of people who were denied electricity â?? and the heat, clean water and refrigeration it can provide â?? will weigh more heavily than the Holocaust upon a society that should have learned from its mistaken belief in eugenics.[/i]

What an absolute pile of alarmist cack. Who is denying who electricity?

I'm nearly 60 years old and the parts of the planet I've known in that time have changed beyond recognition. The dry bits and the wet bits.

The animals are gone, the fish are gone and the trees are gone.

If man can do that to the land and the sea I'm perfectly capable of believing he can do it to the air.

This argument has been politicized because it's the only way that industry can get anyone to support it's stand.

Forget politics and look around you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived