North Pole could be ice-free this summer, scientists say

Bangkoktraveler

The Right is having trouble coming to terms with this issue; it's easier to joke about it and belittle the scientists who predicted it than to explain why it's happening.

An ice free North Pole cannot be brushed off as the effect of an unusually warm year. We're not coming out of an Ice Age either, Europe was frozen over during the last one.

What it's about is not having to make Big Money clean up it's mess. They pump billions of tonnes of pollutants into the air every year because it's the cheapest way to get rid of them and they're not going to willing stop doing this.

So it's sneer and belittle and convince their supporters it's all a leftist plot to destroy their jobs.

No-one is sneering, if anything its the lefties ramming it down our throat with information that is inconclusive but spouted at as fact and usually take of context.

Evidence of the north pole is again taken out of context by using data over the last year and not over a bigger time-scale. Who's not to say that in 1821 the north pole is as it is today?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CF, with the greatest of respect...

The north pole is going to be ice free soon....

Which part of this don't you understand?

How do you think that happens?

Do you think the north pole has been ice free recently (say the last few thousand years)? Think before you answer...

The planet is warming. Ice melts when it gets warmed.

The only debate is how this is happening. Manmade or natural.

Arguing anything else is just ridiculous.

Guest lazyphil

<>

Newmarket is suffolk and not my part of the world but has more money sloshing around there than you can shake a stick at. i live in cambridge almost, hardly backward now is it, home to a rather famous institution. my folks couldn't wait to leave gosport (hants) after my dad left the navy :smirk: .....now if you want backward you need to go to cambs/norfolk border fenland country! (sorry to others for this diversion of micro regional analyasis :crazy: )

ps i by bulk UHT milk from tescos once a month, my folks still have milk delivered daily by the milkman

:grinyes:

i knew i'd get a response............ :thumbup:

my trip North took in around 8 Counties including 3 of them within a 5 Mile drive,kept seeing the 'welcome to...........' signs.

lack of road signs and road lighting made me lost more than once.

and Cambridge was somewhere i visited,but not my choice at the time.

good old Turk Town...... :doah:

where i live no-one goes to Gosport if they can help it....... :shakehead

even the Naval personnel who live there hate it.....

i haven't crossed the water and visited for over 12 Years.

Do you think the north pole has been ice free recently (say the last few thousand years)? Think before you answer...

The existence of animals that depend on the presence of ice and are adapted to live on a frozen ocean would suggest the Actic has been frozen for millions of years.

CF, with the greatest of respect...

The north pole is going to be ice free soon....

Says who ?

Not a lot, but no-one has presented me with evidence of global warming, strike that, no-one has convinced me that this isn't just natural phenomena

You are obviously more informed than I am so you tell me.

Every email I write is thought about. I am no scicentist who incidentally havent given any evidence other than reports that cherry-pick certain points without giving the big picture.

Is the planet warming? In the last 100 years, its warmed (and they aren't even sure about this) by 0.7 degrees. Who is not to say that over the last 300 years, the planet has cooled by 2 degrees. Is it mother nature evening itself out ?

No this is YOUR debate, but there are just as many sceptics as there are people who believe in the so-called global warming issue.

Look, I dont know if its true, I dont know if its scaremongering. I do know that a lot of people from both sides of the arguement are 110% confident in their believes. This is dangerous as they become fanatical about their theories.

For every so-called fact that is presented about global-warming, I can very quickly de-bunk it with information from the other side.

Who is right? who is wrong? are both right (in their own way) or are both wrong. I just don't know. But I tell you this, until someone provides me with concrete evidence on global warming I will sit on the fence.

Finally, people like Galileo were persecuted for believing the earth wasn;t the center of the Universe but they were right because they challenged popular belief.

Dont believe all you read. Question it.

See above

CF,

I'm with you dude!

But on another note, all the volcanoes and Forrest fires etc...seems I read somewhere that when god gets pissed off at us again, he will destroy the world again, and start over, hence, this could all be biblical and out of our hands.

So instead of worrying about it, I say party and enjoy the last days while we can, for tomorrow, we may be gone.

CF' date=' with the greatest of respect...

The north pole is going to be ice free soon....[/quote']

Says who ?

Not a lot, but no-one has presented me with evidence of global warming, strike that, no-one has convinced me that this isn't just natural phenomena

You are obviously more informed than I am so you tell me.

Every email I write is thought about. I am no scicentist who incidentally havent given any evidence other than reports that cherry-pick certain points without giving the big picture.

Is the planet warming? In the last 100 years, its warmed (and they aren't even sure about this) by 0.7 degrees. Who is not to say that over the last 300 years, the planet has cooled by 2 degrees. Is it mother nature evening itself out ?

No this is YOUR debate, but there are just as many sceptics as there are people who believe in the so-called global warming issue.

Look, I dont know if its true, I dont know if its scaremongering. I do know that a lot of people from both sides of the arguement are 110% confident in their believes. This is dangerous as they become fanatical about their theories.

For every so-called fact that is presented about global-warming, I can very quickly de-bunk it with information from the other side.

Who is right? who is wrong? are both right (in their own way) or are both wrong. I just don't know. But I tell you this, until someone provides me with concrete evidence on global warming I will sit on the fence.

Finally, people like Galileo were persecuted for believing the earth wasn;t the center of the Universe but they were right because they challenged popular belief.

Dont believe all you read. Question it.

See above

Oh dear.

Guest lazyphil

we're not spoon fed with lots of road signs, i suspect its a throwback from ww2 when all road signs were removed incase of nazi invasion, we just didn't feel the need to put them back up again. actually you were not all that far from brekland where dads army was filmed :bow:

Archived