You need LOS

Steve

Do either of you come accross the same issue I encounter. You have freinds or acquaintences that in your opinion need a trip to LOS. They either have went through a protracted, emtionally wrenching, de-balling divorce or are just not having luck with the ladies (sometimes due to their own personality), are fed up with the western dating scene and you think that the cure would be a trip to LOS.

I know a couple people who are in that category. I mention it, they've heard ad nauseum how much fun I've had there. One or two are seriously considering but the others aren't going for a variety of reasons. I don't press I tell them one day if you go, you will be upset at me for not talking you into going sooner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitly:

I have a friend that was about "newtered" by his ex wife in a devorce, I've been trying to convince him to haul his sorry ass over to Bkk for some time now. I know I'll be allowed a lot of "I told you so's once he finally does.

great place to get back your "ego" after getting shafted by Western women.

wonderful place to live in a fantisy of you wan to.

and when you return to your world, you seem to have a better attitued/outlook if for no other reason to know you can come back to los. ( just don't get too cought up in things in fantisy land)

( notice we seem to call the thai girls "girls" but westerners "women")

There was a discussion about same same a while ago. I can think of two friends off the top that were pretty well emasculated by their wives. Have been trying to convince them and other ppl for yrs to just try it. Either they are to scared (food, culture, long flight, etc., etc.,) I have given up !

More B/G's for us I figure wink.gif" border="0

Having now spent six holidays in Thailand, many of my male colleagues at work regularly attempt to embarass me with those inane comments you've all heard before yet which they find so funny.... I love you long time!! Sucky sucky fucky fucky!! How are the ladyboys? etc etc.I never react to these jibes but always suggest that they go there while they can and experience for themselves just how completely different life in LOS is.

One of my friends at work,however,was different,and I decided to make a determined attempt to persuade him to accompany me on my last trip back in July.He was aged 47,easy going and mild mannered, had been divorced for five years and even admitted to not having been laid for a whole year!

Having persuaded him to go with me he now admits that our holiday was without doubt the best time of his life and that nothing I could tell him about LOS could have prepared him for what he experienced.Within half an hour of checking in at our hotel in Bangkok we were in the Beergarden, and having been supplied with the ground rules he was off and away.....He had a smile on his face for the entire holiday.

The point of this I suppose is that I knew my friend was just drifting along in life like many of us are. As we sat on beaches in Samui and Koh Samet with our temporary friends we genuinely had extremely happy times, and my friend now at least has some purpose in life.......to get back to LOS as quickly as damned possible!!!!!

Though i know way more americans in SF than french, I have more french friends going there. Anf they did not need convincing! 95% of people around me have no idea what my P signature means, but in France they smirk when i tell them, no age restriction. I just read that only 15% americans own a passport and that includes all non-native citizens like me with family abroad. It's always funny the quotes you get when promoting LOS/3rd world: women all have aids, men who go are pederasts, they hate us, they cheat on us, fear of sickness, discomfort too ("I could never travel alone like you do..."), Tourism is neo-colonialism (SF specialty), i wish i could go but my family this, my job that....etc... By the time the self-flagellating litanies stop, i am on the plane already!

I was one of those whose friend had tried for years to get me to try a trip to LOS (he's been going there since '73), I always had some reason/excuse why I couldn't go just then - I really had no idea what awaited me. Finally went on a lark and of course now LOS is such a part of my life that I'm taking Thai language lessons. Although I regret not going sooner am very thankful I finally made that 1st trip - which

I never would've done were it not for my friend's patient encouragement (for which I'm eternally grateful)! tongue.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

P.S. Hello to Pattaya127, last time I saw you was in Bar #16 in Pattaya last December with your beautiful Thai girfriend (I was with the RED haired Thai girl!). I plan to

hit LOS just before New Years - hope to see you in January if you're still there.

quote:

Originally posted by BrownFox:

P.S. Hello to Pattaya127, last time I saw you was in Bar #16 in Pattaya last December with your beautiful Thai girfriend (I was with the RED haired Thai girl!). I plan to

hit LOS just before New Years - hope to see you in January if you're still there.

I certainly do remember you, you had a black T-shirt, no? Did not stay long. I most likely will be there in January as my trip starts DEc 1st. Thanks for the G/F compliment. A friend saw her last night at Tony' s and said she looked great. Except that, hum, er..., we just broke up. I think so, at least....LOL

You are one of the chosen few, WW. I must say that until i got into the internet thing, apart from the backpacking students of Chiang Mai and KS RD, i barely had any hint that americans were going to Thailand other than in groups or because of their job. For years, I very rarely met any on the road or in the bars, though the point about the S/T vacation (not only girls give S/T, US employers too!) can explain it. They probably manage their time more around getting in the sack with chosen company than just hanging out. Also, the work ethic is a very good point. i add: The only people i hear who say they'd rather lie about going to Thailand to their co-workers are also american. What a strange country of liberties, sometimes me think!

Archived