You need LOS

Steve

Hi!

pattaya127

Some years ago I saw statistics over foreign visitors to Thailand. The number of US citizens were about double that of Swedish. The US has ~270M people and Sweden has ~9M.

A comment to one of your previous posts in this thread. Pres. Clinton receiving blow jobs in the oval office was a big thing on European TV channels. One channel (I don't remeber which) interviewed people from different European countries. A frenchman was particularily hilarious. He looked confused and his response was something like: "I understand that the president has had sex with a young lady in the White house but I don't understand the question. What is the problem?" A perfectly normal reaction in a country where the president has brought his mistress to official receptions.

Cultural differences between countries and continents should not be underestimated.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally posted by ALHOLK:

"Some years ago I saw statistics over foreign visitors to Thailand. The number of US citizens were about double that of Swedish. The US has ~270M people and Sweden has ~9M."

A bit of research goes a long way. In the year 2000, a little over 518,000 US citizens visited Thailand, thus making them the 7th biggest contigent of visitors.

Out of the six countries which had more visitors to Thailand, five are located relatively close by, making a visit fairly convenient (Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore).

So, the US folks aren't doing THAT badly, are they.

P.S.

Hey, your sign-off line is from a Moody Blues album, isn't it? "On the Threshold of a Dream"? Or quoting direct from some old Greek chap?

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

quote:

Originally posted by ALHOLK:

A perfectly normal reaction in a country where the president has brought his mistress to official receptions.

regards

ALHOLK

Which president? i don't recall unless that was eons ago. actually, americans showed a lot of maturity finally in that matter.they were more bothered by the lying than the sex.

Sorry guys,

When asked about LOS I reply DON?T GO!!!

Might sound I am selfish and yes I am. What scares me most is to have a walk around the Pattaya bars and having to find the chosen amids 1enthousand BG's! Every farang I see is to much to handle. !magine you see THAT stunner with a fat, old, bald farang, even worse when he is a "hansome man". Devastating feeling. I then need to continue my quest to find the perfect sweety for the night.

It is exhausting me....and horrifying.....

No, no, I tell them to stay away from LOS!

What a nightmare, 35 days to go before hitting LOS. I am getting crazy, HELLLLP

I learned very early to tell them to go and them leave it alone. You can't convince some people that there is life beyond the west. You get the comments "how was the 14 year old", "you went for the hookers" (I sure did) Just be glad you had the gonads to buy up a ticket and see for yourself! As for the job. Hell no I did not tell them. In America the women on the job would NOT LET YOU LIVE THAT ONE DOWN!

Mykal

Last year I went to LOS by myself. While it was fun, it would have been more fun to share the experience with someone. Next year a good friend of mine will be going with (His first time, took me most of a year to convince him to go!) I can't wait to see his reaction to this environment smile.gif" border="0

Someone mentioned about not telling co-workers about their trip(s) to Thailand. I can understand this. I told a few people that I was going last year, and this busybody woman that works in our building got it in her head that I was going there exclusively to "fuck underage Asian girls", and told EVERYONE this! I had to put in a formal complaint to have her shut up (and to have her stop stalking me, but that's another story...) I did receive a lot of strange comments from others when I mentioned Thailand. Here's a sample:

"90% of the girls there have AIDS."

"Most of the working girls there are held against their will."

"Lots of tourists there are kidnapped and held for ransom."

"Don't they live in grass huts?"

(And since the WTC collapse..)

"I'd be scared to go to one of those moslem countries!"

Some people are just clueless...

-=/NN

hey, Mykal,i am lucky i am self-employed. But i have this one-time customer, 40-ish woman who used to be really friendly until i told her i had a 26 yo G/F in LOS. i see her a few times every year, and she used to invite me to go along for lunch with her young niece, well now it seems i am the pariah, ahah. Still, I made sure she'd learn i am going for 3/4 months this next winter again. Pure jealousy, that's what i think. And i just love to step right smack in the middle of all that PC stuff, certainly not many can shut me down (as this list can witness!!!)...

I think for a lot of guys, by the time they can afford to travel ( got a good job, income, free time) are already "married with kids"

and saying "honey, I'm going to thailand for a few weeks" would not go over too well.

best to do it b4 you are tied down.

I just met an American a few nights ago in Pattaya who had been here for 4 weeks. He said I was the first American he had met! When you think that America has, what 270M people?, and the whole of Western Europe has about 400M, you'd think American's would account for a good chunk, say 30%, of visitors. Seems more like 5%. I think all your comments, although of course very generalized, are right on the mark. I think it also has a lot to do with the scarcity of vacation time in the US, and the 'work ethic'. Seems most of the rest of the world more works to live rather than the other way around.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Though i know way more americans in SF than french, I have more french friends going there. Anf they did not need convincing! 95% of people around me have no idea what my P signature means, but in France they smirk when i tell them, no age restriction. I just read that only 15% americans own a passport and that includes all non-native citizens like me with family abroad. It's always funny the quotes you get when promoting LOS/3rd world: women all have aids, men who go are pederasts, they hate us, they cheat on us, fear of sickness, discomfort too ("I could never travel alone like you do..."), Tourism is neo-colonialism (SF specialty), i wish i could go but my family this, my job that....etc... By the time the self-flagellating litanies stop, i am on the plane already!

Archived