You need LOS

Steve

I used to be one of those that bought into the western (at least American) media portrail and social concensus of the Thai sex scene, which focuses on stories of forced prostitution and sleazy pedophiles. And of course half the hookers had HIV. Prostitution, at it's core, was exploitation, and people who engaged in it were bad, sleazy people.

Man, has my perspective changed since I actually went and saw how things actually are!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Dundee:

?our wives know the deal: 2 trips to LOS/year or divorce?

Thalenoi

C,mon You are kidding right?

Dundee,

Do you really think I am kidding? Deadly serious we are. This is Europe, is there such a difference in mentallity with Australia (ref your handle?) or the USA? I do not believe this ia "generally accepted" behaviour but quite tolerated in Europe. Having a "misstress" is not exceptional at all here and many wives and even men have to live with it. Yes, we have lots of divorces, but there are men with "legal" and "illicit" wives by the zillions.

I had several european ones, today dropped them all and have only eyes for Thais. The friends in our group are same same. Most of us have happy mariages anyway, but you know this exciting, spicy feeling we sometimes miss???

Our "legals" most certainly know what games we play in LOS. I keep the pictures I take clean and show them all. I am not that stupid to hide some, she would find out anyway and "lose face". I don't butterfly to much and avoid "lady pictures" whenever possible, but my wife sees those I take.

I do think our "legals" feel more secure us having "far away relationships" than close ones. They also know we are adults (well, most of us), and I mean "know the scene" by this, I doubt we will fall in the usual traps, in no way are we "newbies" We do try hard to keep our heads on our shoulders and not let our d***s take control.

I can not give details about my friends in this group (we are around ten in our group, but mostly are 5 to meet on fridays, not the same people due to agendas) We have each our own situation, but similar because all maried and travelling to LOS mostly without our wives.

As I mentionned before, besides planning and arranging trips to LOS our next concern is to find "acceptable" ways to retire to LOS. So we are discussing possibilities of where renting houses or condos, how to do it, 3 months here with legal, 3 months LOS butterflying or with mia noi, or just travelling, or any combination. Strange to note that all our "legals" don't like LOS very much (most have been there at least once)

As you can guess, we do have very intense meetings discussing all this...

Some of these situations are really hilarous, but can not be detailed here for privacy reasons, as you might understand....

By the way Spudsmuck, some guys on this board will get together 24 nov at FLB's in Pattaya. Will you be aroud? See meeting section.

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

Spirit_Of_Town_Hall,

Strongly agree with you that it's a bad idea to inform your coworkers of your trips to the LOS for several reasons. First, I don't think it's any of their damn business where we spend our vacations. Second, as several have stated, you will most certainly be labeled as some kind of sexual deviate and in all likelihood a suspected child molester - especially by the white femi-bitches. I have a friend who takes vacations all over the world and informs his male coworkers of his exploits (BTW, he's a real whore monger :-). He says their reaction is often one of jealousy, as most of the married guys aren't getting shit from their fat assed ole ladies anyway. Third, as you suggest, if HR or management becomes aware of your "hobby" it can compromise your future as far as wages and promotions go.

Best to just keep your mouth shut or maybe do what I do when they invariably ask: Where did you go on your vacation? I just reply "back east, same as last year". If they want to know more, I start telling them about where I grew up and the original question usually gets lost with most peoples attention span.

Depending on the type of work you do there can be other problems. In my case I need a defense department security clearance renewal every five years. This requires an investigation and I am currently going through one right now. I was interviewed by a not so bad looking young white female investigator who was very interested in knowing why I have made eight trips to Thailand in the past five years. Unfortunately, I do have to inform security when I leave the country, but it's a large company and that information does not go to management. Anyway, I found out she has been going around asking people I've worked with what I do when I visit Thailand. Too bad for her they aren't much help as this comes as a complete surprise to them!! She got quite testy when she interviewed a friend that I did travel to LOS with when he told her to stop trying to put words in his mouth and that my visits were strictly related to possible retirement plans. Be careful fellas, being a punter is not politically correct or excusable unless you are a big shot politician!

Cheers,

ST

I woudl like to offer another perspective. While I agree that a holiday in Thailand may be just the medicine that some folks need, it can also send some folks over the edge - emotionally. It can all be a bit too much and I have seen people come over here and lose the plot in no time.... If you are bringing over someone who has gone without female company for quite some time, make sure they stay in control!

True story ... I talked a buddy into joining me on a trip over a couple of years ago. He met a wonderful girl in Chiang Mai his second night in the country. He's been back 3 times since, brought her back on a fiancee visa this last time. I'm going to their wedding tomorrow night.

BGTP

Imho:

the women "back home" are afraid we will find someone better ( you think) and they ( back home) will loose their meal tickets (us).

western women ( IMHO agin) are very insecure regardless of what they say about being independant

I find that most my friends are afraid of the stigma attached to coming to Thailand as some of the posters highlighted. In fact, I have noticed that a lot of people have somewhat "lost" respect for me being associated with Thailand. Of course, they are not quite direct about it but they'll start saying some of the things they have heard about underage prostitution, AIDS etc and sleaze balls....kind of implying to get a grip of myself and drag myself out of the gutter.

Pasathai... So true... They are insecure and the reason you get so many comments is because they feel VERY THREATENED by something they cannot compete with. My friend Kevin from my trip reports got into a fight with one of his girls here in the states because I was telling the girls at the bar here at home just how much I don't really need them (I was really feeling myself that night) Kevins girl-friend over hearing me went on to ask him just how good his vacation was. While they are arguing I was ranting on about how I got fed on Jomtien beach, hands completely at my sides for the duration of the meal (I was talking to another male friend who was with us). I could tell she was very agitated once we got in the car. Kevin of course is now looking at her like "yeah, and?". We got out of the car and another from his stable calls her cell phone. Kevin, fresh from LOS, did not care that this girl had the audacity to call the girl he was with and proceeded to talk to her on her phone. It got really ugly from there. She ended up slapping him in the face, the hardest I have seen a girl slap someone. She also tried to plant her Stilletos (SP?) where his kids reside... I had to break them up...

Mykal

[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: mykal ]

Kind of a gyp how women ( not just western) can get away with that stuff. ( slapping, kicking, ect) over just words.

Usually a bg ( thai of course) would have to know you for a while b4 she would clobber you.

smile.gif" border="0

Best line I heard on the subject, was a guy was about to get slapped, said he beleives in equal rights for men/women. if she hit him, he would hit her back.

Gave the girl some reason the think about what she was going to do.

Archived