Another colorful BKK character gone

I didn't know him either, possibly met him. The funny thing about the painting is that I've sat with Kurt at that same booth once or twice so it all looks very familiar, albeit more crowded than any time I've been there.

It's a place I go to in the early afternoon to take the edge off a massive hangover (which is not too uncommon for me in Bangers). I'm not known there, but the regulars and girls have always been friendly. Is that the Irish guy in the black shirt in the middle of the painting?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frankly i have never seen so many people/girls in Texas Lone Star than in this picture! there are around a dozen of guys easily recognizable...

Usually around the holidays, like Thanksgiving or Christmas/New Years, I have seen the Texas packed out.

There was a good sized crowd there this afternoon after the Wat. Saw many people that I have not seen in a while.

:rip:

Sad to see the 'Old Timers' passing. Always a wealth of information and many stories.

I always used to try to have a conversation with Izzy and one with Sid on each trip to BKK.

And I had the privilege of a long conversation with Frank in Phnom Penh. Some darn good stories!

:rip:

Archived