Long Stay In Thailand

JungleBunny

55 k/month...thats enough for a pretty good time in Sin City...accom. can be had for as little as 4-8 k/m. food 5 k/m trips out/visa runs 5 k/m which leaves the balance for the most important thing - entertainment :thumbup: :beer::censored:

Accomodation 4-8 K per month fine if you wish to live in a shoe boz so far off the beaten track that it will also cost you 5K / Month in Taxi fares to get to the entertainment areas.

Food 5K or 166 Baht / day now you really are having a laugh arn't you!

Think at least 15 K / Month for decent accaomodation and 10 K / month for food and you are being more realistic, damn my monthly overheads are over 60K, the house and cars are paid for and the wife pays her own 50% of the bills ... and this is as a married man not a whoremonger.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with 5k per month for food you also have to add aggain health care costs to cure you from deseases caused by unbalanced, unhealthy and spoiled food.

any experts for health care costs? ok, we have

- veneral deseases

- booze related deseases and get off booze

- deseases due to unbalanced, unhealthy and spoiled food

- mental deseases

so save a bit for this and shorten your trip!

OMG

I am in agreement with Samak yet again. Its true though living healthily in Bangkok is not as cheap as some people try to make out. My current contract here ends in 2 weeks time and I have given myself a 6 month / 500,000 Baht deadline to set up alternative company before I go chasing the petro-dollar again in the Stans.

That is 83K / month over the next 6 months with negligable overheads, the cost of living is going up but we all keep paying for it.

Samak,

Some of us have a realistic understanding on the actual Cost of Living over here, and you are amongst the few who has a finger on the pulse.

The offshore company is out of cobwebs, the Thai company should be up and running next week then it is a matter of transferring the work permit.

As I said I will give it 6 months or half a millio to see it it works out, there is plenty of work out there at the moment but I have got so used to being here.

But i guess when u know you are only there for a short time u go crazy with the money.

You'll still go crazy with the money. (At least, I have. Just had to log in to my bank account now while filling out a tax form and it's not a pretty sight! :( ) )

Suadam's numbers are achievable, I think. But that's if you're very sensible. And you may not wish to be that...

With your talk of 3500 on a shoe-box, scrimping on girls, etc - you'd have to ask yourself if you're defeating the point of your stay. If the point of your stay is to have the sort of great time you could never have in Farangland, why scrimp here? (Scrimp there, not here!) If you're staying in a shoe-box, way out, it's going to be really inconvenient for short-times, isn't it? In Bangkok, a lot of girls you might like in NEP and Cowboy might refuse a long trip. So you'd be looking at shelling out for short-time hotels too.

Also, I wouldn't try to save by sticking to one girl. What's the point of coming here and doing that? :dunno::)

Samak's right too about mental conditions. After one year here of doing nothing but s/t whoring, it's finally hit me. :) (Really :( ) But that's only after a whole year of girls messing with your head. :thumbup: Give yourself at least a few months to see how long you can last. :)

I set aside about 65,000 AUD ( about 2 million baht lol!) about a couple of years ago. I bought one of those round the world tickets for about $3500. I spent about 6 months in Thailand before taking fly by tours of Japan, Europe, USA, Mexico and various South American countries.

I ended my tour by flying back into Bangkok, and Pattaya. It was an amazing time in my life. Nearly 18 months of travel! I have to say ice skating in front of one of the castle in Hungary was one of my best experiences. Drinking pilsener in Prague and smoking the local weed opened my eyes. Seeing New York and staying in a fancy hotel on New years eve was great!

I could understand it if you wanted to spend a 18 months travelling around Thailand or SE Asia but spending all that time mongering in Pattaya seems like a waste of 18 months to me.

As opposed to what? Flying half-way around the world to get drunk with some mates in red-light districts but not partake of the ladies (the main point of being in such a place)? :dunno:

Seems like a waste of time (and health) to me...

I don't know why you take such trouble to come and post this kind of judgemental stuff on these threads. Yet you nearly always do. :thumbdown:

Let him get bored of it (or not) in his own time. He's young. He probably mostly wants wild sex. He can get those other 'nice' experiences elsewhere and when he's older (just as you could duplicate your drinking buddy thing anywhere in the world). But there's no place for girls like here...

Archived