Long Stay In Thailand

JungleBunny

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the Thai baht has *weakened* against some major currencies in the last 2-3 weeks such as the USD.

The OP is Australian and his finances are presumably in AUD. That currency has taken a hammering in the past two weeks against the baht. An Aussie dollar was getting over 32 baht a couple of weeks ago whereas today will be lucky to get 29.5.

not quite correct!

THB/USD was pretty stable, but both appreciated (got STRONGER) against AUD as well as Euro

Euro is today 50.83 and was 52.59 3 weeks ago!

THB/USD

8.Aug: 33.56

1.Aug: 33.44

25.7.: 33.35

18.7.: 33.22

rates are TT buying at Kasikorn

I don't follow the Euro and wasn't talking about it.

The table of rates you include supports my argument. The USD has strengthened against the Thai baht in the past two weeks. Not by much, but still over one clear percentage point. If you follow it every day, you would have noticed a gradual, but clear trend.

The Australian dollar is what is relevant here. That, like its Kiwi counterpart, has been hammered over the past two weeks, against both the USD and the baht.

I could understand it if you wanted to spend a 18 months travelling around Thailand or SE Asia but spending all that time mongering in Pattaya seems like a waste of 18 months to me.

I happen to agree with Mr. Munch.

There is culture to see in Thailand. And there are other venues such as Angkor Wat in Cambodia. And Vientiane and so much more to see. Life is much more than just paying for one GTG after another.

Mongering for 18 months? Give me a break! Ya, one best set aside $$ for the multiple hospital visits for creams and ointments and for treatment of Terminal Vaginitis.

:wave:

Archived