Vitamin E - I have stopped taking this . . .

unit731

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just take a vitamin cocktail every morning, the vitamin E is in the multivitamin that I take.

Being a non-smoker, I do not worry about any vitamins causing me cancer.

I would worry ore about the local environments that I am exposed to; puking black smoke from trucks/bus/motorsai, etc.

*** Most *** of the bars no longer allow smoking inside, so this is a plus for me :-)

cavanami ,

these vitamins are obviously good for your soul and good for the factory that makes them . apart from these aspects they are totally useless . try to balance your daily food in a useful way and you live for ever . The way the Thais prepare their traditional food is great for that purpose .

Munchie, the health establishment have long been against most people taking vitamin supplements. Saying people should have a good balanced diet instead. But in reality how may people really have that sort of diet? With modern farming methods where produce is picked very early and then cold stored for long periods how many of the nutrients are still in the items of fruit or veg? And with chemical fertilizers and pollution what other harmful or potentially harmful chemicals are we injesting?

Simie.

Sir ,

the vitamin factories say that vitamins are a good thing and they are right . Which does not mean that artificially produced vitamins do you any good , excessive consumption certainly does not . There are many websites you can study to make you an expert . To appear hansum and healthy like the BuBi - man go for fruit and vegetables al dente . Do not smoke and not drink Cola . Sexual intercourse is ok .

Remark for US - based customers : " fruit " is something that grows outside and not in bottles or cans . " Californian strawberries " which do not change appearance after 14 days in the sun are no fruit any more du to Xray treatment . Eat Thai vegetable from the roadside and listen to BuBi.

I've taken a multi for about twenty years now. One a day. If I stop I get leg cramps. Go back on them they're gone.

I eat a fairly balanced diet, the Mrs is always shoving fruit in front of me. She's in there peeling a Som-O now.

Guest lazyphil

i take a multi vit, garlic and cod liver oil tablet daily. cant do any harm, proberbly does minimal good too. and i always keep in mind these are SUPPLEMENTS to my balanced nutritious diet not a SUBSTITUTE!

The leg cramps are from low potassium intake. Try eating a couple of large bananas a few hours before bedtime. But it's not a vitamin, but a mineral deficiency. The good thing about the better daily vitamin tablets (I take Centrum) is they include a lot of necessary trace minerals many do not get in their unbalanced diets.

Cent

Archived