Russia sends forces into Georgian rebel conflict

Flashermac

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30,000 homeless as a chaotic conflict intensifies

As many as 2,000 people may have been killed and 30,000 made homeless as the chaotic conflict between Georgian and Russian forces in the pro-Moscow enclave of South Ossetia entered its second bloody day.

Georgia's parliament approved a state of war across the country for the next 15 days, while also calling for a ceasefire. The Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, said that there would be no talks until Georgian troops left the conflict zone. And, in what could be a second front, Abkhazia, another pro-Russian enclave in Georgia, said its forces had begun an operation to drive out Tbilisi's forces.

Link

You don't seem to have any problem with that profoundly dishonest leftist organ, Wikipedia, when you find something in it you agree with.

Wiki is a leftist tool and I didn't say I agreed with this article. I posted the link simply to demonstrate that Pres. Bush did not "ignore the U.N." The article was perfectly sufficient to prove that whatever its shortcomings. If folks want more thorough and robust refutations they need to put more thought and effort into their lies.

and maybe the most important part of RY's reference...

"...The factual accuracy of this article is disputed..."

As much as I have denigrated Wiki, I have never compared them disfavorably with you, hippie. Lie though they will, they still can't match you for idiocy and shamelessness.

More childish name calling. Typical rightest neo-con/Nazi crap when you have nothing to say and have been backed into a corner. O.k. call me a few more names, in your warped little "mind" that will somehow convince you that you are correct in your "thinking."

It wasn't meant to be an in depth analysis of Solzhenitsyn. Very confused person IMO. Never happy anywhere, blaming everybody for everything. Surprised you would quote him. It would be interesting to watch him doing mental acrobatics on the current Georgia/Russia situation. He would probably praise the South Ossetians for wanting independence and criticize Sakhashvili for taking a firm stand. Then two days later he'd say the Russians were brutalizing a sovereign state and call NATO weak and the UN spineless. Then if NATO did anything he'd call them imperialist puppets. Very confused. Like I say...a right twit. Cherry pick that lot.

I said all this already, pissed off a board member something fierce! Nice to see Others can see this guy for what he was.

Yes. What's truly amazing is the way the American right embraced Solzhenitsyn because he didn't like Communism. He didn't like America either. Hated imperialists. He was a fierce Russian nationist basically. He liked Putin for restoring Russian pride and when NATO was bombing Serbia he likened them to the Nazis. He would probably say Saakashvili should go to the Hague for trying to wipe out the Ossetians.

I would say Obama is more correct.

Definitely. Condemning Russia when they see their actions as justified will invite more violence.

Oops. Day two and Bambi has already thrown y'all under the bus!

Obama called for direct talks among all sides and said the United States' date=' the U.N. Security Council and other parties should try to help bring about a peaceful resolution.

"I condemn Russia's aggressive actions and reiterate my call for an immediate ceasefire," Obama said in a statement.

"Russia must stop its bombing campaign, cease flights of Russian aircraft in Georgian airspace, and withdraw its ground forces from Georgia."[/i']

Y'all should talk to c.s. about how tough it is being Barry's bitch.

Exactly right, the ONLY reason he got any play in the USA was all his anti communist talk. His anti imperialist, anti capitalist, virtually anti American rhetoric was largely ignored.

He was played as an exile, a refuge, a martyr etc. In fact he was just a miserable bastard. When he was subsequently needed, they pulled him out, dusted him off and used him once again.

Archived