Are all Whoremongers Heathens?

frede

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you post on this area of the board, could you take the time to post one line tops? No bollocks on religion and its evils, just an answer to the questions.

Do you believe in God?

Do you ever go to Church?

Be interested to see.

Wat is the definition if "heathen". According to the thefreedictionary.com:

1a. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.

1b. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted.

2a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.

2b. Such persons considered as a group.

So I as a Hindu/Buddhist am a heathen anyway according to western and islamic view.

But I go to the temple and I believe in an omnipotent, omnipresent Intelligence.

And I monger.

(Am I a bad person? Please Father forgive me...)

So you are a Hindu and Buddhist!

One question, what do you do for a living.

PS you are forgiven

In the monotheist religions orignated in the Middle East (Judaism, Islam, Christan) it's black and white, you are either a Jew or a Christian or a Muslim. In some Asian countries it's different. In Japan for example the people follow _at least_ two religions: They marry in a Shinto shrine, but they are buried by Buddhist monks in temple.

Also Buddhism is not that negative about sexuality like the bible and christian morality. There is the story about a famous Buddhist monk who became enlightened while visiting a whore.

You won't find these stories in Christian books, in contrary. But on the other hand, when ever Christians met, for example for to elect a new pope, there are stories of hundreds if not thousands of whores coming into to town.

:chili:

Even my family has an (in)famous ancestor (17th century) who was a high ranking catholic priest who is described in a church archive as living together with a "fat, slobby person". :)

For to pay for his sins he set up a foundation for descendants of his family which is still paying small scholarships to virgin women who marry or men who study christian religion or law (I think they changed the rules in regard to virgins recently :grin:)

Archived