Flowers for the lady

buffalo_bill

I would have to disagree that this is not the case every time. You left a little wiggle room when you said it is "often related." Not everytime. In your theory, the more you pay, the more you get back. Not so in all cases.

A small gesture by the man sometimes proves to be as rewarding to the girl. Trust Mr. Ki Neow.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.

Although most Thai women I have known are materialistic -> the heaviest the gold chain the most "affection" you get, I must say that small gestures can have a huge impact.

The recent events showed me that some beautiful flowers can make a great impression given the "right circumstances".

(which means that it was offered to an educated and a bit farang Thai lady among her colleagues who are equally educated and in the central office of a very well-known Thai company, thus these factors certainly played their role)

Why?

. First the lady never received flowers in her life (neither of her 2 ex boyfriends offered flowers)

. None of her colleagues ever received flowers as gifts from either friends, husbands or relatives.

Even her hiso Chinese-Thai colleague never received flowers.

. This is a gift (which costs some money even by middle class Thai standards) which is not "materialistic", by this I mean that it is not a golden thing, perfume etc...

So yes flowers can get you a big "good point" in a relationship with a Thai lady (even having offered nothing else before).

All in all, a few meals, a lot of attention and interest and some flowers can win you the heart of a Thai lady.

Hi,

"A small gesture by the man sometimes proves to be as rewarding to the girl."

Agree. Last Valentine's Day I bought my wife a stupid flower thing that cost me 39 Baht. She laughed her ass of two days later when she finally had the guts to ask me how much (or rather how little :) ) I had paid, but she was happy I thought of buying something and didn't waste it on 500 Baht flowers as money was rather tight at the time.

On the other hand, don't try giving them a couple of cheap flowers in front of their friends. I seriously doubt that'll get you in her good books.

Sanuk!

definately 2 sides of the argument here.

KS is married and as he said his Wife knows the value of things and seems not to be offended if he spends a little amount or a larger amount.

but are we talking about mainly BG's here or GTG's?.

i have given Flowers to both sets of Girls in person and they were all happy with my gesture.

i have given flowers to the 13 year olds who cleaned my hotel room and they were overjoyed.

different types of people will take things in different lights.

I am personally talking about my gf. She likes inexpensive gifts....she like expensive gifts. My point earlier was it doesn't really matter the cost of the gift (flowers is the example in this thread) it matters that you took time out to think about her and make an effort to make her happy. Makes no difference BG, GTG or whatever acronym you wanna use, they are still girls with feelings and if she's your gf, you should treat her nicely. I am speaking generally, not directly at you, sayjann.

Yes, flowers can make an impact....

Once I'd bought some inexpensive roses from a local vendor, not a florist. Took 'em back to my room, placed them in a vase and then left for a few hours to run some errands.

When I later returned, I discovered my gal had come home...saw the flowers...and used them to created a very nice 'thank you' message.

She'd turned down the bed covers and had the sheets covered with petals from the roses. She was laying on the middle of the bad, waiting to thank me.

Sadly, we broke up many months later. She wanted to have a child...I don't/didn't.

I wish to spread the news within the community that the Thai woman does indeed enjoy the arrival of flowers as much as any Western female subject . Courtesy Old Hippie I have chosen the excellent flowers2thailand who have truely earned the BuBi platinum medal of excellence with diamonds for outstanding services . Case No.1 was my platonic love from the antique shop , certified GoodThaiGirl although maybe not Very Good which is why I have chosen unit FLV 326

" White virgin bouquet " which should assist to keep madame in proper shape I hope. Though for lovely Nok I felt FLV 222 " Love abundance " was in order . The latter arrived during a strategy conference in the bar which Nok presided as CEO financial affairs and senior cashier . Enormous success I understand because all were jealous .

BuBi

Archived