Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

There is a link on the home page where you can check on the latest fitness news, which saves you a lot of time.

Yes, I didn't find that until it was too late either. I was looking all over my usual websites for previews but still ended up with 5 of my team not playing, and none of the subs! Happily, the other 6 (Leeds and Sunderland players, plus Zenden who just clocked up his 60 minutes!) seem to have scored about 48 points between them so far, with maybe an assist or two to follow.

NB The points will not be updated until Thursday, by which time most teams will have played another game, though Liverpool and Newcastle have European games. If you made any panic transfers after the 5.30 deadline on Saturday, they won't come into affect until next Saturday.

LG

PS I collected another contribution to the pot from a rather ecstatic Froggy on Saturday. Thanks to Racha for raising the stakes too! Anyone else like to contribute to the prize (as I'm off to a decent start!)?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello LG and fellow managers. I would like to enter my ha roi baht even though my captain is the Leicester keeper. Minus 5 already i think.

What is the quickest way to see league placings, points etc. Hw do you know if your players have played.

I can let some of the Pongers have the 5oo or can I give it to you.

Cheers

Garf

Tolair

Loser

quote:

Originally posted by loser:

What is the quickest way to see league placings, points etc. Hw do you know if your players have played.

The actual score and all other league scores will be updated once a week after all games are played - this week its Wednesday evening - UK time. You can see an unofficial estimate from the My Team page if you click on the Current Week link.

quote:

Posted by Long Gun

Happily, the other 6 (Leeds and Sunderland players, plus Zenden who just clocked up his 60 minutes!) seem to have scored about 48 points between them so far, with maybe an assist or two to follow.

You're off to a flyer there Gordon.

I've got 20 points largely thanks to Micheal Owen (10 points)

Most of my players were either injured, got booked or were in teams that got thrashed.

And how can barthez concede a goal after 4 bloody minutes!!!!

Long Gun,

Yes, ecstatic would indeed be the word. The Gunners 4-0 drubbing of Midd helped to erase that season-opening fiasco to Sunderland last season smile.gif" border="0

So, onto week 2 of the marathon - as long as Arsenal can defeat Leeds, I will gladly surrender any of my fantasy football points from week 1. Priorities, right?

Cheers,

froggo

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: frogpatrol ]

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: frogpatrol ]

Unbelievable! A septic at the top of the league!! And he's even well up in the world rankings!!! Stupid, childish game anyway!

The scores have been updated for the first week and now we can all look at each other's teams and snigger. I'd have been a little higher if I hadn't gone on a bit of a transfer frenzy but at least most of my players should play next week! Talk about wise after the event - if I'd had that team from the start I'd have had another 52 points!! Sorenson's cockup cost me a lot tonight, as well as stuffing up Sunderland's start to the season.

Marathon not a sprint, mumble, mumble ...... must book a flight out of Thailand before the end of the season mumble, mumble ......

See you next week!

I don't wish this to sound like sour grapes because I'm bottom of the league LOL but looking at Frog Patrol's table-topping squad how is it that Andy Cole has got 16 points?

He hasn't scored a goal yet and came on as a sub in the first game. I just don't get it

quote:

Originally posted by Bangkok Phil:

I don't wish this to sound like sour grapes because I'm bottom of the league LOL but looking at Frog Patrol's table-topping squad how is it that Andy Cole has got 16 points?

He hasn't scored a goal yet and came on as a sub in the first game. I just don't get it

Phil

You're not one of those prawn sandwich blokes Roy Keane is so fond of are you? If you look closely you will see that the league also contains players who do NOT play for Man Utd, like for example, ASHLEY Cole of the Arse - and England!

LG

laugh.gif" border="0

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

LG I left a message on the CYKI board, I want in with my 500 baht. It's very addictive this fantasy thing...... 34 points this week.... but next week Kevin Phillips is playing.

Sorry Long Gun

For me there's only one Cole LOL

Anyway, back to me prawn sandwich.

BTW, well done to Frog Patrol. When you consider that only 300 odd people in the whole world of Can You Kick It have a better score - that's some achievement.

I'm going to be up all night tonight studying form and tactics. I'm even thinking about phoning all the respective managers up.

"Hello Sir Alex, it's Bangkok Phil here - are you planning on putting Mr Andy 'Fuck me I'm offside again' Cole in the team on Saturday?"

Archived