Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

BTW, what happened to the Gunners match on Sat? UBC ran Arsenal adverts all week, and we got Chelsea instead, of all clubs. Any idea?

Nah, that was a bit of a surprise - the Arsenal game looked much better from the highlights I saw. Wise 'headbutting' Vierra is an interesting concept!! Pires is having a cracking season so far. Anyway, you should be OK in 2 weeks' time as they are advertising Arsenal v Chelsea!

LG

PS Did you see the thread about the Londoner quiz tonight (in the 'General Discussion' section)? I've been trying to ring you over the last few days without success.

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: Long Gun ]

OK, a little update on the league within a league. Last night I collected several more contributions to the kitty and I am now sitting on B4000 with promises of another B3500 to come as follows:

Paid Up

Bangkok Phil

Long Gun

Frogpatrol

Coquetislander

abbot thong

Racha (+ 1)

PhiketPete

Promised

JJ (Bangkok Love)

Stef

Mekong

Farangman

Soi Angel

Tolair/Loser

Davieboy

As the latter recently declared that he would not be reading the board or visiting the Kingdom anymore, I guess his contribution may disappear along with him but I will try and check.

In addition, the most generous Mr Racha last night handed over his own excellent contribution to our prize pool. This package is valued at B10,000 and consists of

3 nights a/c accommodation for 2 with breakfast at Ban Raya resort,

Round trip boat transfers from Phuket,

2 scuba dives per person if you are a certified diver OR an instruction lesson and introductory dive

1 disposable underwater camera

If you want to get more information try www.rayadivers.com

There was some suggestion that we should maybe split the prize into the cash and the holiday and have 2 winners. Originally I said winner tales all but I would be interested in your comments following this donation. Frogpatrol is not allowed an opinion as he is so far ahead already! Actually, to show how quickly things can change, last week's world leader dropped to 12th this week!

For the record, as far as I can tell, the prize league looks like this:

1 - Frog Patrol (146)

2 - Soi Angel (118)

3 - Stef (105)

4 - Long Gun (101)

5 - Aboot Thong (83)

6 - Mekong (81)

7 - Farangman (81)

8 - Racha (64)

9 - Coquet Islander (56)

10 - Phiket Pete (52)

11 - Davieboy (50)

12 - Bangkok Phil (44)

13 - Tolair (31) - also 50th (of 50) in the main league - born to lose or what!?

Plus JJ and Racha's mate but I don't know what names they're entered under.

LG

quote:

Originally posted by squid:

Guys, any news on a venue to watch the England Germany world cup qualifier on Sat? Someone mentioned the Londoner, will it be open?

Spoke to the owner and the manager last night and the answer was a definite 'No'. Quite sensibly they don't think the extra income would be worth a 30-day closure!

Anybody know if they have a TV in the Grace Hotel coffee shop? The Dynasty is another possibility. We can watch the first half anywhere, they seem to be relaxing a little on the 1.00 am cutoff. Perhaps a Nana venue like Golden Beer Bar or Woodstock and then if they are closed we can nip down to the Grace or Dynasty?

LG

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

Anybody know if they have a TV in the Grace Hotel coffee shop? The Dynasty is another possibility. We can watch the first half anywhere, they seem to be relaxing a little on the 1.00 am cutoff. Perhaps a Nana venue like Golden Beer Bar or Woodstock and then if they are closed we can nip down to the Grace or Dynasty?

LG

The match actually starts at 1:30am Bangkok time so we are unlikely to get even all of the first half in a bar. I guess a hotel coffee shop will be the best option.

Sorry, is thinking of UK time. It does start at 12:300, so Woodstock for the first half is OK.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: squid ]

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: squid ]

quote:

Originally posted by squid:

The match actually starts at 1:30am Bangkok time so we are unlikely to get even all of the first half in a bar. I guess a hotel coffee shop will be the best option.

Hi squid,

the match starts at 07:30 German time, that should still be 00:30 Bkk time this time of the year.

LG, I prefer Woodstock to Golden Beer Bar for the first half, Dynasty or Grace hotel for the second (if I can still stand it). I'll check whether the Grace hotel coffee shop has TV.

Cheers,

bkkgeorge

Yes, I'm sure it's 00.30 local time but .... has anyone seen it advertised - presumably Thai TV will show it but the UBC schedules have the following games listed on ESPN/Supersport/Gold: Republic of Ireland v Holland (Sat, 9.00 pm) Lithuania v Italy, Spain v Austria, Slovenia v Russia and Scotland v Croatia!! Bit worrying, really!

Anybody going to see Thailand v Ali Daei?

LG

quote:

Originally posted by Long Gun:

the UBC schedules have the following games listed on ESPN/Supersport/Gold: Republic of Ireland v Holland (Sat, 9.00 pm) Lithuania v Italy, Spain v Austria, Slovenia v Russia and Scotland v Croatia!! Bit worrying, really!

Anybody going to see Thailand v Ali Daei?

LG

Well, then just let's watch Slovenia vs Russia! It won't be that nerve-racking for me, I guess.

Seriously, I'm quite sure UBC will show it, we will find out.

Tell me, where you'll watch THA-Iran, I might drop in.

Cheers,

bkkgeorge

Archived