Nanaplaza Fantasy Football League

Long Gun

Long Gun and Phil,

The two of you had me on the floor laughing with your back and forth routine on this thread. Comedy may indeed be your calling if education begins to bore either of you.

So, although the Frogs may well turn out to be the Bolton of 2001-2 (early glory, late...disaster?), for now we are reveling in our top of the table spot! I wonder if all this police activity at Nana has the frogs feeling particulary emboldened these days?

Also, the #1 local and #323 world rankings help me feel a bit better after the Gunner fiasco of Tues.

One quick question for Phil, LG, or those in the know: Where on the site is the weekly injury report?

Again, thanks LG for bringing the league together. Blackburn matches have never been so entertaining!

Now, onto Saturday.

Cheers,

froggo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froggy is also ranked 3rd in Thailand but not even in the Top 50 of the Arsenal league!! Nice to see that the leader on 120 points is only there because he is a Bolton fan with 5 of their players in his squad. He must be a very happy chappy all round - though I can't see it lasting!

LG

PS Projected prize pot now stands at B7000 plus the trip to Fantasy Island!

Does anyone want Andy Impey of Leicester?

He's had 2 bookings (-2 points), let in 5 against Bolton and I'm not sure yet if you get deducted points for wearing gloves when the weather turns a bit nippy?

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

One quick question for Phil, LG, or those in the know: Where on the site is the weekly injury report?

There is a link from the home page - part of the 'Preview' section. I didn't realise Thierry was injured. When did that happen?

LG

quote:

Originally posted by racha:

Long Gun,

From what I can make out if your teams players have played twice already this week then you get both sets of points from both games added to your score already. So we will not actually see an accurate leader board until there is a completed round further down the track

No, that's not necessarily true. Depending on how you use the fixture list and the Transfer section you can make sure that your team is stuffed with players from whoever has the most games each week. At the end of the season when some clubs have fixture pile-ups that can get very interesting.

The people that I think are weird are the ones who don't compete for points but to increase the value of their squad - their names are often a giveaway, 'Millionaires' and the like. I noticed one has already made 17 transfers. I am not sure what they do but I suppose it must involve waiting to see who has done really well and then quickly buying them before supply/demand forces their price up.

There are some strange folk around. Not in our league of course!

LG

This game is clearly much more complex than I first thought. Like I needed to spend yet more hours on the Internet.

Racha, I wouldn't be too concerned as I liken my Frogs more to Bolton that Man U. Still, the idea of filling your ears with tales of Gunners past and present is appealing... smile.gif" border="0

No idea about an Henry injury. Hope that is just a clever ploy by Long Gun to get me to remove my skipper.

Cheers,

froggo

[ August 23, 2001: Message edited by: frogpatrol ]

Long Gun,

From what I can make out if your teams players have played twice already this week then you get both sets of points from both games added to your score already. So we will not actually see an accurate leader board until there is a completed round further down the track. I'm sorry to disappoint Frog patrol but im just trying to get a grip on the fact that I might have to drive an Arsenal supporter all the way to Phuket with me 'LOL'

Also as a Liverpool supporter I am very happy to see Bangkok Phil has Michael Owen in his team but saying that, I also have old ''butter fingers'' Barthez as my goalkeeper.

Racha,

quote:

Originally posted by frogpatrol:

No idea about an Henry injury. Hope that is just a clever ploy by Long Gun to get me to remove my skipper.

Hmmm, not clever enough though, was it?! I see you have extended your lead even further thanks to Mr Henry's exploits. 83rd in the entire known world!! I am impressed!!

LG (proud to be in the top 10,000!)

PS Contrary to popular rumour, the bookies will not be paying out just yet!

Archived