Well Kids, The US Coup of 2008 Began With An engineered "Financial Crisis"

Fidel

* "Beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the 1st BCT will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command, as an on-call federal response force for natural or manmade emergencies and disasters, including terrorist attacks.

It is not the first time an active-duty unit has been tapped to help at home. In August 2005, for example, when Hurricane Katrina unleashed hell in Mississippi and Louisiana, several active-duty units were pulled from various posts and mobilized to those areas.

But this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities."

"After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one."

* The 1st BCTâ??s soldiers also will learn how to use â??the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded,â? 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

â??Itâ??s a new modular package of nonlethal capabilities that theyâ??re fielding. Theyâ??ve been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission weâ??re undertaking we were the first to get it.â?Â

The package includes equipment to stand up a hasty road block; spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and, beanbag bullets.

â??I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered (They're tazering each other? Are these guys fucked up, or what?),â? said Cloutier, describing the experience as â??your worst muscle cramp ever â?? times 10 throughout your whole body.

â??Iâ??m not a small guy, I weigh 230 pounds ... it put me on my knees in seconds.â?Â

* â??I canâ??t think of a more noble mission than this,â? said Cloutier, who took command in July. â??Weâ??ve been all over the world during this time of conflict, but now our mission is to take care of citizens at home ... and depending on where an event occurred, youâ??re going home to take care of your home town, your loved ones.â?Â

* â??I donâ??t know what Americaâ??s overall plan is â?? I just know that 24 hours a day, seven days a week, there are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines that are standing by to come and help if theyâ??re called,â? Cloutier said. â??It makes me feel good as an American to know that my country has dedicated a force to come in and help the people at home.â?Â

Army Times

So, why is a U.S. Army brigade being assigned to the "Homeland"?

I think Fidel has something!

This is "the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities."

For more than 100 years -- since the end of the Civil War -- deployment of the U.S. military inside the U.S. has been prohibited under The Posse Comitatus Act (the only exceptions being that the National Guard and Coast Guard are exempted, and use of the military on an emergency ad hoc basis is permitted, such as what happened after Hurricane Katrina). Though there have been some erosions of this prohibition over the last several decades (most perniciously to allow the use of the military to work with law enforcement agencies in the "War on Drugs"), the bright line ban on using the U.S. military as a standing law enforcement force inside the U.S. has been more or less honored -- until now. And as the Army Times notes, once this particular brigade completes its one-year assignment, "expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one."

Is the USA preparing itself from attacks from its own people?

And please tell me, what could possibly piss off a USA citizen to warrant such retaliation from the governemnt?

"...Is the USA preparing itself from attacks from its own people?..."

Yes.

"...And please tell me, what could possibly piss off a USA citizen to warrant such retaliation from the governemnt?..."

Well, taxes, race wars, capitalization on a natural disaster. A desire to suspend elections, impose martial law etc...also, a lot of lunatic fringe types (right wingers mostly) who form militia groups...the list is endless.

Yes.

"...And please tell me, what could possibly piss off a USA citizen to warrant such retaliation from the governemnt?..."

Well, taxes, race wars, capitalization on a natural disaster. A desire to suspend elections, impose martial law etc...also, a lot of lunatic fringe types (right wingers mostly) who form militia groups...the list is endless.

The makes a great conspiracy theory.

:stirthepo

This crisis is real; namely, lots ($700 Billion) of bad mortgage loans. Companies in the US had been giving mortgages loans to people who cannot make the monthly payments. The big companies that are stuck holding these mortgages want the US gov't to buy them because nobody else will. I heard that it may make sense for the US to pay 60 cents to the dollar for these bad loans.

Yes.

John McCain announced today he has suspended is campaign.

What next?

I always have felt GWB is going to stay in office longer then we want. Maybe he will.

I've posted this before, but its FEMA I worry about. They have extensive and unprecedented martial law powers.

Okay, this is one of those conspiracy nut sites but there is some truth in what they say about FEMA's powers: http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/fema.htm

I think you will find a lot more truth at that site then at other places. I agree the government has been preparing places for mass detentions. At this so called critical moment in USA history, I think all hell is going to break out very soon.

Archived