Royal Funeral - Nov. 14-19

vinod

OK, KS, how far can we go with this ? I have long wanted to open a discussion on 'the playboy' (you know who I am referring to), but I suspect that would get me in hot water. We can discuss the implications of the death of a member of the royal family on Farang *nightlife*, but not the ramifications for Thailand when the inevitable happens ?

I appreciate the difficult position that you are in, at least as much as someone who doesnt live in Thailand *can* appreciate it, but I fear for the fabric of Thai society when the rock they cling to is taken from them. My belief is that it will make the current scuffles look like Kindergarten dust-ups, but I'd like to hear other's POV.

Gobble

Is the succession to the throne a forgone conclusion or does HM have any say in this?

Here in the UK,HM Elizabeth 2 could bypass Charlie altogether and hand the big chair straight to William if she thought fit?

Just because he's considered a bit of a playboy doesn't mean he would not be a fair and just ruler.He should be given a chance.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaddy,

I am in full agreement with your thoughts about wednesday, the wife and I were chatting tonight and she mentioned the unprecedented number of people booking Thursday off work on the premise that Friday will be a public holiday and she works for a Private company.

The same as elections, no expat has any reason to complain about bars being closed, we know its going to happem so just stock up from Tops / Lotus / whatever your local supermarket is and make alternative arrangments!

Looking for somewhere to go last night a couple of friends and myself found our way passing Soi 7 so we had a look in the beer garden. Absolutely packed it was and with a male to female ratio of about 4:1, 4 guys to 1 ageing granny that is. Since there did not seem to be anywhere else on soi 7 open we assumed that a lot of other places were the same so we stayed put until it started to thin around 1am.

All night we were served beer in bottles with no problem until we moved from one of the bars to another and had the dek serve insist we have a glass. What on earth the significance is I cannot imagine.

No music or tv which actually seemed to make it more pleasing. Lots of people conversing and otherwise communicating with each other.

Archived