Tuk Tuk drivers = Criminals

clubsiam

The Tuk Tuk drivers on Sukhumvit are telling tourists to stay away from the Grand Palace.

They say there are bombings and riots... too dangerous to go there.... then scam them.

Isn't it time the Thai Authorities do something?

Thousands of travelers are being diverted from seeing Thailands best attractions, getting ripped off, then telling friends, travel agents back home.

This is doing irreparable damage to Thailands tourism industry.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a sign of the total breakdown of Thai society.

What ever happened to all those fine tuktuk drivers we once knew and loved?

Well, in the early days for me - it was mostly tuk-tuks and very few cabs. Tuk-Tuks everywhere. Most were just regular 'taxi' tuks.

Some did make the rounds to the jewlery/tailor/shopping back then.

I think the Tuk-Tuks in Bangkok are being regulated to history.

Times are changing.

Tuk-tuks in Bangkok are more expensive than taxis! Can't imagine anyone in their right mind taking one to the GP and Wat Pra Kaew anyway. When I lived upcountry, I used to take tuk-tuks fairly often - but they were more like a mini rot-song-thaew. They had seats on both sides and roamed around the city picking up passengers and dropping them off. They were also quite inexpensive.

I got "orders" from my Mrs years ago not to ride tuk-tuks in Bangkok: too dangerous. I'll never forget coming home from Patpong one night (uh ... early morning) and seeing a crowd watching a toppled tuk-tuk burn itself into a pile of charred metal.

As to tuk-tuk drivers and honesty ... :rolleyes:

Problem is that tourists may not know how evil they are.

...."Tuk-tuks in Bangkok are more expensive than taxis! Can't imagine anyone in their right mind taking one to the GP and Wat Pra Kaew anyway."

Thats my point. They are not in the transportation business any longer.

They give you the high price because you know too much, can't be scammed, they don't want to take you anywhere.

They are only waiting for the "first time" tourist to scam.

I see the 2 at the top of my Soi, lying to every one they meet.

Lately they say the Grand Palace is too dangerous... bombs going off all the time.

Now these tourists return home, saying that bombs are going off in Bangkok and everybody is a scammer.

How many holidays are they going to ruin this week? It's bullshit they can continue, day after day.

They are all doing it.

I did call the TAT a year ago about these 2 TukTuk drivers.

They told me to call TAC(Tourist Assistance Center).

They told me to call the Tourist Police.

The Tourist Police told me to personally lodge a complaint at Lumpini Station.

I would have to ID these 2 scumbags that I need to walk past several times a day.

http://www.bangkokscams.com/

Archived