Tuk Tuk drivers = Criminals

clubsiam

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....I see the 2 at the top of my Soi' date=' lying to every one they meet....[/quote']

You can lip read? :surprised:

Lip read? No, but I do talk with the some of the tourists I see being scammed.

The Tuk Tuk is a symbol of Thailand. Unfortunately, it means scams.

If you think these guys are honest and good for Thailand's tourism industry, you have lot's to learn.

Today, I went to the Grand Palace. I was curious to see how many scammers were working over there.

Tourist Mafia scammers were right at the front gate, blocking the way, telling everybody the Palace was closed. They were standing right next to the Security Guards. I have pictures.

6 Tourist police were standing 5 meters away watching this.

I went and told the Tourist Police what was happening.

First one I asked if the Palace was open?

He said yes.

Then I pointed to the scammers and asked the Police,

"why are those people telling tourists it is closed?"

The other Police then looked at each other... then chimed in, "IT IS CLOSED".

Yes, the Tourist Police are in on the scams at the Grand Palace.

I walked another 100 meters and came across another group of Tourist Police. I asked, "is the Grand Palace open, those men over there are telling everybody it is closed".

The Police looked at each other, muttering in Thai and all claimed it was closed!

I walked the perimeter and asked 25 different Tuk Tuk drivers, "where is the Grand Palace". Every one of them said it was closed.

There were tourist mafia posted all over the place saying the same thing. They wear fake ID tags, carry clipboards. The Security Guards and Police were all around watching this.

Must be a couple hundred Thais scamming tourists around there.

Unbelievable.

Archived