Gooner Corner

frogpatrol

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CS might have been disappointed with the Arsenal result,but i am definately more disappointed after the Manchester Derby..... :(

30 Years since since City won at OT and today should have been another win.

we were out to avenge the 4-1 defeat last Season at City and should have won easily.

Utd had so much possession and created quite a few chances,but they can't score goals in the PL at the moment.

this was the 3rd game of Ruud's suspension and Utd have not scored in the PL while he has been missing and that is a worry......:(

a week or so ago someone said that Utd probably had the best attacking players after Barca and RM but i don't think so.

Ruud leads the line well,taking the risk of being caught offside,but it works.

Smith,Rooney and Saha do not play as out and out forwards and too often drop back too deep and have to go into their own half looking for the ball.

this means when the ball goes into the penalty area,they are not there.

Ronaldo still fails to deliver the killer ball into the box and his corners are terrible...... :banghead:

but no surprise there,Utd have only scored 1 goal from a corner play in the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Keane was everywhere again but Scholes has still to hit form this season.

i was hoping that his retirement from International Football would give him a new lease of life,but so far he is a pale shadow of himself this season.

Giggs was fit but left on the bench and that was a surprise as he has had a rest lately and probably would have been fresh.

but he missed the best chance of the game when he put the ball wide from a great position........:doah:

with Arsenal dropping points lately Utd have had a good chance to play catch up but 1 point from the last 2 games has been disappointing.

Pompey and City are games they should be winning.

but take nothing away from the city defence as they defended well.

Dunne,Distain and Jordan threw themselves everywhere to prevent Utd from scoring and Dunne was the Man of the match in my eyes.

Utd appealed for at least 3 penalties,but none of them were in my eyes(where was Mike Riley?).

2 points definately dropped and City will be estactic at the result.

a pity Keane has said he has decided to be nicer to his teammates,he should have been giving them a bollocking today for some of the sloppy play.

hopefully thigs will improve after Christmas when we are traditionally very strong and often put a good run together.

lastest standings for the Albanian fans on the Forum.

Zaad's Team have moved up to 4th but still 11 points behind the leaders.

Shkumbini 10 5 1 4 16 13 16

Limbo's Team are having a nightmare season and prop up the table (10th),and are 8 points behind the Team in 9th place.

Laçi 10 0 1 9 3 28 1

Must agree Sayjann that you guys should have taken all 3 points. Strange thing is you should have beaten Pompey as well. Both of our clubs have dominated the PL sides we've played since our game but can't seem to get the win.

Mourinho is having a laugh right now as both clubs were affected by our game. We let the lost get to us and you guys put so much emotionally into the game it left you a little short v. Pompey.

Cheer up CS,the third team played great at Aldershot on Monday,against Chelsea,beat them 2-0,then the reserves had a great result agains Everton,i feared the worst when Everton went ahead,but the class of the kids came through,the future looks great,by the time we have the new stadium,we shall have a great squad,not going to write a report,sick of being flamed by a lier who is not man enough to apologise.

I saw a tape of the Man City league cup game (we don't get too many of those games in the states, only PL and FA cup). I also saw the highlights of the Everton game. The boys look good. Quincy is electric. Saw him in a reserves game and he's settled down a lot. The future looks bright. Lupoli may be the 'fox in the box' that we had hoped Jeffers was. He's scoring at a fantastic rate in the reserves. After seeing a tape of the league cup game it dawned on me why. He reads the game so well that he knows where to be for the final ball. He can see where the play will develop and take it from there. A true assassin around the goal. He will be a very good player for us. van Persie is another star in the making. Has a powerful left shot. I recall seeing him for Feyenoord over a year ago before he fell out with their manager. My one worry for him though is he favors his left foot too much. He will position himself for a left footed shot all the time even if he has a better angle with the right.

My fellow yank Karbisyoon (sp.??) looks good but is slightly built so not sure if he will make it through.

Yes, the future is bright.

The scum this weekend. Jol is off to a good start for them. I think a good 'ol fashion derby is what we need to get our players back to their old selves.

On another note, I think Wenger and Fergie going at it has hurt both clubs and Mourinho is having a laugh right now.

Can't wait for this weekend. Some good games ahead.

Archived