Lurkers, why don't you post?

khunsanuk

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you just post? So what if someone attacks you, just attack back. You might enjoy it. But, unless you post bullshit, you're very unlikely to be attacked. I've had my disagreements with a few other BM's which have got quite abusive but I still love the board and wouldn't dream of leaving it. I only know a couple of BM's personally but I feel like I know others that I've never met and hope to meet them in the future. Join in and forget about the bullshit. :thumbup:

You will find it towards the end of the smoking thread in the night life section. There are other "keep on lurking" recommendations adressed to other posters in other threads.

But hey, my purpose was not to call the police but rather to make an ironic twist of your ambition to attract more posters at the same time as some "elite" (the " "s are very much intentional) bullies here fire off strong signals in the totally opposite direction.

On a more general note I repeat my dislike for the all too common tendency here to totally unprovoked get into personal insults, calling names etc. in place of an honest argument. I don't mean to take the sting out of the debates, on the contrary many of the most entertaining debates where I have taken part have been, as Paul Krugman said about the Chicago economics seminars, "notoriously brutal" .But the brutality, the acidity and, the most important element, the irony should be within the realm of the discussion, not in the form of attacks on a persons character (which btw is supposed to be unknown).

It's also a quality thing. The prevalent teenage languague used by the middle aged "elite" here is so bland! Templates like "Pussy" , "balls" , "fuck off" "wanker" etc tend to dull our sensivity for language and should be avoided if you want to attract more readers.

But, maybe I am just too much old school...

heiter, may I suggest you post in a different section? The smoking section was very controversial.

heiter, if you think it is bad for you, you should go to the Non-Thailand News section and make a post that is of an opposite viewpoint then what rogueyam post. After a week of listening to him, you should look at the other sections as a paradise.

I think by having these discussions, it has helped everybody.

Hi MM although I see where you are coming from and understand your reasoning not everybody enjoys having to go to into wars of words ...

But the majority of posters don't have to' date=' do they? And a bit of aggro can be quite fun?

[/quote']

To some it can be fun. To others it can be a major deterrent to post stuff. And again to others it changes depending on the state they are in.

Oh yes, as I said I just wanted to point out the irony between the board's ambition to attract posters and, on the other hand, the "fuck off" signals from some of the veterans of the same board.

And that I dislike, just dislike, I' m not even using the word "hate"

a certain attitude among the same posters.

Nothing more.

See my reply to MM. No, it;s not "bad" for me, that's a too strong word.

Rogueyam exhibits indeed sometimes a sociopathic behaviour, with a hard to understand fanatical devotion to the outgoing US president. But he is a marginal phenomenon on this board. The guys I have been confronted with constitute the very core of the board.

But it can be such an easy matter as these people using talking language and not written language. In writing everything looks ten times worse than when you talk. It is for this reason even letters that express the most vehement anger towards the recipient are done with a certain degree of formal courtesy (no I don't want to see this style applied here!)

And at last, as MM said, a bit of brutal aggressivity can be fun too if its done in style.

Archived