Lurkers, why don't you post?

khunsanuk

Problem is that a number of people keep reinventing themselves - spreading bullshit - (Fark I just realized I sound like Galt URGHH) and it gets up my nose.

LL - the regular posters are regular because we enjoy posting - sometimes we get carried away - but by far the strangers that have come on a Friday usually go away feeling very welcome - in fact never know one not to go away feeling welcome except a few times back at gullivers when we had some 30+ gatherings and of course some people got less attention than others.

That said all the regulars here i know will happily take a newbie out on the town and show them around.

What exactly is your problem LL? Come along - none of us bite!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's the most important bit, anyone is free to join in.

I don't see any real egos at work here. No one is dominant, no one pulls the strings. KS is the boss, he runs the show. Any other point of view is rather strange and misinformed.

We are (supposedly) adults! Adults debate, argue, bicker etc. It's all good fun and part of the "rich tapestry" of life as far as I know, but then maybe I'm wrong and we should all be terribly polite and politically correct and take up knitting.

Problem is that a number of people keep reinventing themselves - spreading bullshit - (Fark I just realized I sound like Galt URGHH) and it gets up my nose.

LL - the regular posters are regular because we enjoy posting - sometimes we get carried away - but by far the strangers that have come on a Friday usually go away feeling very welcome - in fact never know one not to go away feeling welcome except a few times back at gullivers when we had some 30+ gatherings and of course some people got less attention than others.

That said all the regulars here i know will happily take a newbie out on the town and show them around.

What exactly is your problem LL? Come along - none of us bite!

You have recently re-nvented yourself why not others then? None of you bite huh - not what I have heard from two people who no longer post here because of very serious threats and problems caused to them by some people here. I would encourage people to post but never to turn up at your 'freindly' meetings GTG hit the nail on the head, stay away and protect your private life.

Hi,

"None of you bite huh - not what I have heard from two people who no longer post here because of very serious threats and problems caused to them by some people here."

Care to let us know who those people were so we can provide you with the other side of the story?

I would imagine at least one of these would be Thai3, right? If so, you might want to ask him what he did to warrant such threats.

Sanuk!

PS I too have had my share of threat, usually after I ban someone. Rather pathetic to get so worked up over something on the Internet.

Archived