President-elect promised change, picking insiders

Flashermac

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More appointments

As expected, the president-elect named Timothy Geithner, the New York Federal Reserve president, as his treasury secretary. Wall Street stocks jumped on Friday when word of Geithner's appointment began to leak.

Geithner, 47, will team with Lawrence Summers, a treasury secretary under former President Bill Clinton and former Harvard University president, who will take over the National Economic Council.

Obama also named three others on his economic team:

Christina Romer as director of the Council of Economic Advisers. Romer is a U.C. Berkeley professor of economics, and co-director of monetary economics at the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Melody Barnes as director of the Domestic Policy Council. She has been co-director of the Agency Review Working Group for the Obama transition team, and also served as the senior domestic policy advisor to Obama during the campaign. Barnes previously worked at the Center for American Progress and as chief counsel to Sen. Ted Kennedy.

Heather Higginbottom as deputy director of the Domestic Policy Council. She was Obama's policy director during the campaign and earlier served as Sen. John Kerry's legislative director.

Democratic officials also said Obama plans to name New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson as commerce secretary, adding a prominent Hispanic and one-time Democratic presidential rival to his Cabinet. Richardson served as U.N. ambassador in the Clinton administration and later as energy secretary.

... Republicans sniped at what they saw as an unwelcome trend. Alex Conant' date=' spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said, "Barack Obama is filling his administration with longtime Washington insiders."...

[/quote']

We have a name for those people: EXPERIENCED!

Tell me, if you are all about "experience" than why the hell were you backing a community organiser????? 2 years experince as a senator? One of the highest earmarks by a senator. I don't understand please elaborate.

... Republicans sniped at what they saw as an unwelcome trend. Alex Conant' date=' spokesman for the Republican National Committee, said, "Barack Obama is filling his administration with longtime Washington insiders."...

[/quote']

We have a name for those people: EXPERIENCED!

Tell me, if you are all about "experience" than why the hell were you backing a community organiser????? 2 years experince as a senator? One of the highest earmarks by a senator. I don't understand please elaborate.

Obama has the skills to manage a group and the group members he is bringing together do have a considerable amount of experience.

Obama will probably be the opposite of GWB. GWB's future in the history books doesn't look very good. He probably will go down in history as the worst President the USA has ever had.

He speaks mandarin as well. The guy seems to have a lot of candlestick power. He's the same age as Obama and both share a passion for basketball as well.

This is interesting...

Lieberman: Obama 'about perfect' in Cabinet picks

"Everything that President-elect Obama has done since election night has been just about perfect, both in terms of a tone and also in terms of the strength of the names that have either been announced or are being discussed to fill his administration," Lieberman said during a visit to Hartford.

The Conservatives hearald Obama as the Messiah but like everything the Conservatives have tried, it has backfired upon them. If this pattern continues, I can expect that as the Conservatives continue to mock Obama as the Messiah, Obama might actually become the Messiah that will lead us back on the path. If Obama isn't the Messiah, we might end up being doomed as a country.

Truth is would we be any more confident about the future had McCain won? Especially knowing that Palin is a hearbeat away from the oval office as well?

I don't think McCain could do better. In fact, I think he'd do worse seeing what I saw of how he behaved in the campaign.

Ron Paul was my guy but of the Obama v. McCain choice its still a no brainer after the fact.

Archived