PAD closes Suvarnabhumi

waerth

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure - PAD gets to beat up and kill people - now we're seeing democracy in action.

Good init!

Nice tunnel vision. I suppose these dozens of grenade attacks and people killed by the krating dang are just fine.

No wonder PAD is getting violent. The police are doing nothing to keep them safe (shit, they should be arresting them en mass for civil disobedience, but that's another story). So it is natural to take matters into your own hands.

People keep missing that PAD is *not* a political party, just a loose association of folks (unfortunately lead by nut jobs) who want to straighten out government. Not really a bad thing, given the shit this government has pulled.

Cheers,

SD

no, the pad does not "want to straighten out government", it wants to replace the government with a mostly appointed one (with, naturally, the appointees coming from among their supporters) and do away with proportional representation. as proper bangkok bmw drivers they don't want the isaan yokels to have a voice...

please mow these pad farts down...please...

That's not necessarily what the rank-n-file believes. Are you even in BKK? Do you know any PAD supporters? Have you talked with them?

Didn't think so.

* i live in bkk though right now am in a neighboring country for a couple weeks or so for work

* yes, i do know pad supporters

* yes, i have talked with them (yes, in thai), both at their protest sites and "off-site"

thanx not to be so arrogant and suppose you know anything about me (or much about the political situation)...

Jesus, SD - what kind of Banana Republic are you living in over there ?

Can you imagine the response from the cops in the US if protesters pulled the kind of shit at O'Hare or JFK that PAD is staging ? I dont deny that the media is biased, and a lot of it has probably been blown out of proportion, but I'm always stunned by how poorly a lot of 'civil unrest' is handled. I have to go back to the worst of the G7 rioting and the Muslim 'uprising' in France to find parallels in the West.

Personally, I'd like see everyone associated with Thaksin gone, but do they really believe that endemic corruption will disappear the day that they put a new robot in the chair ?

You don't screw your country over to make a political point, at least IMO. Frustration is one thing, but throwing grenades into the crowd (regardless of which side actually did it..) is just giving the government the excuse they need for martial law.

Gobble

Archived