good points and bad points with the bkk fighting going on!!

belfastish

Honestly, I don't get out a whole lot to see if there are any benefits but I can't imagine there would be any.

The girls aren't gonna charge less because of less customers. The hotels may or may not have extra rooms now but I've never had a problem getting a room anyway. And as for less people/crowding cuz of tourists......the airport was closed so nobody going anywhere right now. I'm sure that will change and maybe already has but this is a major city in the world....of course there wll be crowds.

Will all due respect: puh-lease, TroyinEwa, no need for the pollyanna bit here on Thai360! I'm glad you've moved past your first response a bit now -- though I disagree with it, it's like someone saying there's no benefit or opportunity to the current economic collapse: of course there is, if you've got a little cash and know when to get back in to the market.

Nonsense that there's no benefit to a reduction in the number of tourists in town - a bar is empty, the lone customer will have a better time with all the attention, at least until the market absorbs the expected loss of demand. Anyone smart enough to do a little net or phone research will be able to book that presidential suite for far less than rack if this keeps up for a bit; to avoid the "no business = higher price" rule of LOS, book through Agoda or such.

For those who have made many trips or resided, would you rather be out for a good time in Bangkok or Pattaya during the week from Xmas to New Year's, or during the rainy low season?

YimSiam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who owns Thai airways?

Who runs AOT?

Who grabs profits from managing TAT?

Yes it is going to hurt, no only Thailand's image with the tourists but the money lost every day must be counted in hundreds of million of bht as a minimum...

Must be hurting some people very badly (not counting the country as a whole, the airport employees who will probably not get paid etc...)

....What was the name of that guy that carved Pinoccio???....Sounds like a

Soup".....If I remember correctly....

Interesting fact: Pinocchio was carved from a piece of pine. Not a lot of people know that. :surprised:

Tom Jones had a great song about a puppeteer. :thumbup: However he was from Mexico.

Archived