good points and bad points with the bkk fighting going on!!

belfastish

obviously all this carry on in bkk is not good although mostly seems to be blown up more than it is on tv!!

it doesnt bother me one bit ,i was there during the coup sept 06 and the fighting just there in oct.

im back in jan for a few months what do you think are the good things and bad things to come of this?

it is selfish to take any good points from this but the ones i can see this high season

1.more chance of getting a non-pre booked hotel

2.maybe cheaper prices as more range of girls

3.not as many annoying people or crowded bars/clubs

the bad points i see are

1.not good for the thai ppl who try to make a living from the tourists

2.more crime/robberies on tourits

does anyone notice any difference on crowd of tourists with this and the credit problems :hmmm:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotels and girls have a tendency to charge more when times are not very good. Opposit of how most people think. If you show up at the hotel with your bags and no reservation, the hotel has a captive guest, especially if it is late at night.

As for less people in bars: I have a tendency to stay away from the more popular places because if a place gets targeted, I suspect a popular place would be favored.

yes i see you point i never thought about people injured or killed when i posted this sorry,i should have worded it what changes will there be!!

but still i cant help or stop what happens from this,so there are changes no matter.

im not wanting to enjoy the good results from this,im wanting to know from more experienced ppl who live or know thailand what changes may happen!!

Honestly, I don't get out a whole lot to see if there are any benefits but I can't imagine there would be any.

The girls aren't gonna charge less because of less customers. The hotels may or may not have extra rooms now but I've never had a problem getting a room anyway. And as for less people/crowding cuz of tourists......the airport was closed so nobody going anywhere right now. I'm sure that will change and maybe already has but this is a major city in the world....of course there wll be crowds.

Agreed there might be some points in favour of hardcore tourists or sanukers but as a whole the few thousand fuckups are ruining the image of the country . It has been on TV for weeks now at least in germany and last night they showed some guys hitting each other and invading the airport . Conclusion for the average participant : Thailand is unsafe , revolution and shooting on and about , go elsewhere . Why does nobody sort this out ?

...Obviously waiting for...

...The second coming....or is that cuming???....

What was the name of that guy that carved Pinoccio???....Sounds like a

Soup".....If I remember correctly. lol

Maybe ..."The master Puppeteer"....will return.... and do a Mr. T "Copperfield"....to save the Country.....????

I love "Thai Soaps"...lol

Cheers DC

Archived