His Majesty Speaks?

Khun_Kong

Drogon - let's not go there again but I have posted numerous pictures of improvements etc - I work in the areas of rural education - I see first hand the changes - like it or not they happened.

Please stop spreading these rumors as your not helping anyone nor this country grow by spreading misinformation.

It's a very tender subject for some people. Kids I work with for the first time now go to (crappy) uni's and colleges - not possible before.

Debate who was the bigger thief to your hearts content - who proposes the better future opportunities but please stop saying you've never seen photos of the proof I have seen.

NESDB is the body with more tangible proof also.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, if you go to provinces where they did not sell their vote to Thaksin, you'll see that they are in worse shape than ever.

But I guess that's OK, eh?

Crooks go away. New blood in. That's the only thing that will make me stop bashing Thaksin & cronies.

Cheers,

SD -- democracy does not = purchased votes

Of course, if you go to provinces where they did not sell their vote to Thaksin, you'll see that they are in worse shape than ever.

please provide one, just one, example of such a province...with figures/sources to back up this claim and which i (or anyone elese) can check...thank you...

have you asked yourself...if isaan votes were as easy to buy/pick up as you claim they are...why didn't the democrats, for example, buy a few districts so they could form a government? we all know they're not above buying seats so why not spend a few baht more?

or could it actually be that isaan folk prefer trt/ppp? or that the democrats don't give a rat's ass about the north(east) and/or governing?

The folks in this country living south of BKK are just as poor, but you don't see Thakky givin' a shit about them do ya? "No new roads for you, you non-TRT-votin' bastards!"

Cheers,

SD -- thinks new roads are an overblown benefit anyway -- why not mandatory free school until 18? (Oh, ya, that won't enrich Thakky's cronies, will it?)

Hi,

"why not mandatory free school until 18?"

I would LOVE to see that happen, but I seriously doubt it'll be anytime soon. Don't want educated plebs now do we? :(

Oh, and REAL education as well, not the crap that passes for education now.

I remember my wife's daughter finishing 4th in her class (of ~25 kids) in P3, yet being unable to read!!!

As you pointed out though, it'll be a lot more difficult to skim money out of free education (although I am certain politicians could do it) then road construction work, especially if you do such a shitty job that those roads require continuous repairs.

Sanuk!

I'd like to know why the Ministry of Education did away with the mandatory national tests in schools. Students had to score at least 70% on reading, writing, arithmetic and a bit of basic science to pass to the 5th grade. Otherwise, they were held in Pratom 4 until they did. There were other tests all the way through secondary school as well. I think it was after Pratom 7 and Mathayom 2 under the old system (7 primary grades, 5 secondary).

Archived